IV

Giovanni Khalid Banks (Gio)
24 yrs old
Sacramento, California

Today I have to fight for a custody battle for one of my client's

I have been working as a attorney for 1 and a half years.

I went to collage to get my bachelor's degree then after collage, I went to get my lawyer's license it only took me two months to get it.

I went into my restroom that is connect to my bedroom.

I live by myself in a nice 2 story house with 3 bedrooms.

Getting into my 2021 dodge charger I bluetooth my phone. And pulled off heading to the court.

I carefully parked my car into a parking spot . I then got out walking into my job . 'Sacramento Superior Court'.

As I scanned my badge to enter in through the front door,I heard one of my co-workers calling out my name.

"What it do? what it do? Mr.Banks" melivon said trying to be funny but I ain't find shit funny.

"Wassup von" I said keeping the reply calm and short.

I don't really like nun of them niggas here. It's only 2 that I really fuck with.

I went to my office to get everything that I needed.

I grabbed my textbook,tap recorder and my computer.

I started to sat the area up of where I would be testifying for my client.

"Hello Mr.Banks" Ms Carly said with a slight smile on here face.

"Hello Ms.Carly it's nice to meet you" you can talk a seat right over there I said as I point to the seat on the left .

"The judge should be here soon" she nodded.

The judge walked in and began to sit his belongings down.

"ALL RISE" The court of Sacramento Superior Court
Is now in session." "The honorable Judge Hamilton is presiding." The bailiff told the jury.

"Please be seated" The bailiff turn to the judge and handed him papers.

"Your honor,this case #1528, custody battle".

"May the defendants raise they right hand up."

"Do you promise the testimony you are about to give will faithfully and truthfully conform to the facts and rules of the mock trial competition?" The judge told the defendants .

"Yes" both of the defendants spoke out.

Ms Carly you are trying to get full custody over your five year old daughter? And what may be the reason(s)?

"Yes your honor" my ex Jamil has multiple women in his house while my daughter is there and one day my daughter came home saying one of the women that were over there hit her.

When I found out I was beyond pissed.

I told him I was going to file for full custody if he didn't stop letting his bitches touch my baby.

She ended up come home with more bruises.

I told him he couldn't see or get her no more, he got mad and started to threaten me.

"I also have proof of the bruises" Ms Carly spoke as I pulled out the pictures of the bruises.

"My client's also has a video tape of the her daughter saying that the women were abuse her and her dad would participate in the abusing sometimes" I told the judge while pulling out the usb tape.

The Judge looked more into the photo. He could tell that the child was hurt badly. 

Then he looked at the video it was indeed that the daughter said her father was also abusing her.

"Mr Jamil do you have anything to say?"

He looked like he was ready to speak some bullshit.

People piss me off when they swear to tell the truth but be lying like a rabbit's ass.

"Yes your honor" I never had multiple women over my house while my daughter was there.

I would never put my hands on my daughter or let anybody put they hands on my baby.

Carly is over exaggerating my daughter plays rough and she's clumsy.

"Carly around knows this I don't know why she acting brand new. He rolled his eyes"

"Well from the looks of these marks they don't look like fall marks they look like somebody intentionally hit her" The judge told Mr Jamil.

"I can assure you that I would never put my baby in any danger "Mr jamil told the judge.

Well without any proof I can't grant you custody. Ms Carly you now have full custody of your daughter. Ms Carly and I smiled while everyone clapped.

I gathered my things and took it back to my office.

I sat a my desk check my emails.

I opened my referrals and responded to them.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled on tik tok since I had nothing else to do.

"Girl fuck yo kids and fuck u too" the audio played from the tik tok I started dying laughing.

I closed the app the checked my messages.

1 message from "mama dukes❤️"
20 messages from "janae"
1 call missed from "fav cousin toni😝"

I opened me and my mama text thread.
                 Mama dukes
Her:You coming to the cookout on Saturday right? U better say yes or that's your ass little boy.

                Me: Depends on who there... let me know who all coming.

I exited the text thread and decided to block Janae.

I'm call Toni when I get home cause that girl can talk but that's my favorite so I put up with it.

I grabbed my belongings and left out my office making sure I locked the door.

Getting into my car I found a backwood that I had rolled up from earlier.

I leaned my seat back and smoked the pain away.

I might have both of my parents that are good to me in my life but, I still got demons that I'm fighting I went through a lot of traumatizing shit that I shouldn't have went through when I was younger.

I got a lot of pain built up in me and smoking is my only was to release that pain.

I remember when my brother was killed that was the worse day of my life.

My pops found the nigga that killed my older brother and torture his ugly ass for days.

My blunt was half way gone. I was Zooted and now I got the munchies.

_______________________
I did a day in the life of his job.

How y'all feel about this chapter ?

Make sure to vote and comment.