VI

Taaliah Laylanni Simmons (Isis)
22 yrs old
Sacramento, California

Taaliah Laylanni Simmons (Isis)22 yrs old Sacramento, California

                  September 5
Incoming FaceTime...

"Damn," I rolled over getting my phone. I answered seeing it was my little sister.

"Yes Tamarilyn," I said with an attitude.

"Liah you know I love you right?" She asked.

"Girl, what do you want?" I asked.

"Can you come to the family gathering today?" she asked looking worried.

"I don't know why you just asked that knowing I don't like them people" I replied. The only people that comforted me when my mom passed were my grandma and my cousin Mar but nobody else from the family seemed to care enough to comfort me.

They all just stared but never spoke to me.

"Can you come pleaseee? Plus Mar is gonna be there." She said.

"I'll see just text me the time I should be over there, "I told her.

Ok bye sis I love you! She said before she hung up.

That girl is a piece of work.

Before getting out of bed I said a quick prayer.

"Thank lord for waking me up this morning. Please shield your protection over my loved ones. You have been nothing but good to me god and I thank you for blessing me to see another day. Amen."

My mother had us going to church with her every Sunday. She was a religious lady she would never judge a fly.

I went to my kitchen to make me something to eat. I grabbed the Fruit Loops cereal from the top of my refrigerator. I also grabbed the milk and then poured it into my bowl of cereal.

I sit down at my kitchen table just scrolling on Instagram. When I got tired of Instagram I clicked off it.

"It's already 11 am," I said sighing.

I made my way to my bathroom.

Once I got out of the shower, I did my hair it's a quick bun. I've always loved to embrace my curly hair. When I was done with my hair I did my makeup.

Why is there nowhere to park and it's only 12 in the afternoon I questioned.

I found a parking spot that wasn't too far away from the store.

"Damn my bad ma" I looked up at him. He was a dark-skinned man with hazel eyes and dreads.

"Your okay," I said and shrugged.

I grabbed everything that I needed and hopped in line.

"Your total will be $135.68. Will you be doing cash or card?" the cashier asked me. "Cash" I handed her the money and told her to keep the change.