Chapter One

Jennifer

Here I was. Just lil old me. In the club with the rest of my band mates. I'm Jennifer. I'm 25. I play bass for the infamous rock band 16 Strings (how we got that ridiculous name? *chuckles* Three guitars - an overdriven with six strings, an electric with six strings and my bass with four strings. Viola - you guessed it - 16 strings.) We just finished our gig in LA, sipping down some margaritas in a downtown club. I stood out like a sore thumb compared to the rest. Steve had jet black hair, cut in what we'd like to call - a Ronnie style, yet he denies it daily. Gabriella was our lead female vocals, also, Jet black hair and piercing blue eyes. Her brother Gabriel was our electric guitar master. Phoebe was our bad ass drummer chick with black hair with green highlights - she could beat her idol Andrew Hurley hands down any given day. That's my opinion, you don't need to believe me if you don't want to. Then - then there was me. I had shoulder length blonde hair and green eyes. Ok, I had some tats to do the whole 'looking hardcore' thing, but I liked my hair blonde. I had a tribal dragon down my left arm that I was pretty proud of.

"We need to do something really ridiculous for a change. You know - break some windows, burn some cars-" Steve said, rubbing his hands together.

"Or we could just make some music." I suggested, taking a generous gulp of my cocktail.

"You need to live." Phoebe said, taking me by the shoulder and shaking me. My head lolled around - my expression unchanged. You could call me the Mikey Way of 16 Strings. I couldn't give two fucks.

"I've got a better idea-" Gabriel started, leaning against the bar counter. "I think it's time Jen got some spotlight." he said, running me over with his eyes. I scowled at him - giving him a fair warning to not fuck with me right now.

"I'm listening." Gabriella urged on. Those two were a lethal combination together.

"We all know Jennybear has a major crush on Pete." Gabriel started, raising a brow and nodding his head.

"Uh-huh." Phoebe answered, taking a swig of her vodka and lime.

"How about we set her a little challenge?" Gabriel continued, taking my hand into his, tracing a finger up and down my palm. I didn't like the sound of this at all. "Get Pete to fall in love with you and dump you - in ten days." he said grinning at me.

"Or less." Gabriella challenged, raising a brow at me. I could see her smile under the rim of of glass.

"What? You guys can't be... you can't be serious!" I protested, ripping my hand free from his grip like it was burning me.

"Why not? Afraid you won't be able to cut it off?" Phoebe dared. I hated dares. Nobody told me I was scared of a dare. Ever.

"All right - I'm in." I surrendered.

"It's gonna be easy. You should have seen him at the MTV awards - he ate you alive." Gariella said, nudging Phoebe who snorted loudly. I rolled my eyes at them. I'll show them I can do this. How hard could it be?

"Oh one last thing-" Steve shouted, pointing his index finger in the air as he struggled to keep his balance. "You can't sleep with him. Or bl-"

"We get the point, Steve." Phoebe said, jumping up to cover his mouth, smiling nervously at us. If any one knew Pete Wentz - you'd know he always goes for second base when he's really into you. Then again - it'll just make dumping me easier.

"Deal." I said, shaking Gabriel's hand. He grinned at me, shaking it back.

"Try to draw as much attention as you can - bonus points if the tabloids write about the sudden breakup by next week." Gabriella added as a joke.

I really had a thing going for Pete for some time now. I've listened to them for years. We were mutual friends on Twitter. I stare into my glass, dreading the next week and a half. He was such a sweet guy. I hated doing this to him. I drank down my last bit of margarita and excused myself to the bathroom. I closed the stall door behind me and fished out my phone. I opened my Twitter and sent Pete a message.

@petewentz I'm like "hey, what's up, hello"

I dropped my head into my hands, trying to keep my brewing headache at bay. The music thrummed on loudly just outside the door. Everything smelled of smoke, alcohol and sweat. I felt my phone vibrate in my lap.

@JenLorenz Seen yo pretty ass soon as you came in that door XD

I turned scarlet at reading his message. Sending him a private message on IM instead

Jennifer Lorenz: Inappropriate much? :p

It's like he waited for my reply, his is typing a message message showing.

Pete Wentz: Not if it's the truth *shrugs*

Jennifer Lorenz: Peter, Peter, Peter - you are just... too much

Pete Wentz: I know. Too much awesomeness to handle all at once ;)

Jennifer Lorenz: Are you flirting with me? :O

Pete Wentz: Maybe... *whistles*

Jennifer Lorenz: I'm gonna go now... (seriously weirded out)

Pete Wentz: You're weirded out? I'm not the only normal one in a emo band

Pete was so right it hurt. So he did notice me. Gabriella wasn't joking.

Pete Wentz: (coffee emoji)

Jennifer Lorenz: (wine emoji)

Pete Wentz: (wine emoji)(pizza emoji)

Jennifer Lorenz: Are you...

Pete Wentz: Maybe

Jennifer Lorenz: Dude - seriously??

Peter Wentz: What? (shocked emoji)

Jennifer Lorenz: Maybe, Maybe, Maybe... damn mystery man...

Pete Wentz: (smirking emoji)

Jennifer Lorenz: (see-no-evil monkey)(wine emoji)(pizza emoji)(smirking face)(thumbs up)

Pete Wentz: Really??

Jennifer Lorenz: Maybe

I laughed at my own little personal joke, locking my phone and making my way back to rest of the guys. I feel my phone vibrate, fishing it out to see what he replied, bumping into someone. Who ever it was took me by the shoulders as if to steady me out. I look up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Fuck-" I breathe making him laugh out loud.

"Hello to you too Jen."