Chapter Seven

Pete grabbed my arm - just a bit too tight for comfort and dragged me outside to the Lamborghini.

"Pete - you're hurting me-" I whimpered. He let me go, closing his eyes as he tried to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry-" he apologized, running his hands through his hair as he exhaled loudly. "It's just... I had everything planned out for this to be the perfect night for you - but somehow, everything just fucken fell to pieces."

I awkwardly rubbed my arm and bit my lip, feeling like shit for doing this to him.

"Spit it out-" he whispered, his heart breaking.

I couldn't.

I couldn't get the words past my lips.

Instead, I burst out into tears and ran away from him - breaking my heel of my shoe in the process. I took it off and tossed my shoes into the nearest trash bin. I could hear him call after me before he started the car, the engine roaring to life as he chased after me. Not now, Pete - please... not now.

I ran out of breath in no time and walked briskly in the direction of the nearest bus stop - completely ignoring the bright orange Lamborghini pulling up beside me. I heard his window buzz down and the car purring at a steady pace as he cruised beside me.

"Jen, I'm sorry. Please, just get in the car." He begged. Ignoring him, I quickening my pace. "I'm sorry I was such a douche to you in the past, believe me - if I could, I'd take back every second." he apologized. I stopped and wiped my eyes, smudging my mascara even further. "Come on - get in." he pleaded one more time. I walked up to the car as he opened the door for me to get in.

He gently took my hand in his and kissed it. "Let's just forget about tonight, ok?" he asked, smiling at me. I nodded in reply before turning my face away from him - staring out into the night sky.

Pete dropped me off at my place and said goodnight with a heavy heart. "I just wish you'd realize how much you mean to me." he whispered as he gently slid his hand in behind my hair, keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"I have to go-" I excused myself in a haste, pulling away from him.

He didn't fight back, just smiled by himself and closed the car door behind me - watching me as I unlocked the door and went inside.

***

Day Three

I barely slept at all last night. Tossing and turning. Guilt ridden by what a horrible person I was turning into. With each passing day - the band seemed less and less worth it. It wasn't worth crushing someone's feelings for - especially not Pete's. I turn on my side and notice my notification light blinking. Speak of the devil.

On my way to Chicago to visit my mom. Was wondering if you'd like to meet up before I go. Only coming back in a couple of days.

XoXo Pete

I stare at my phone, debating on what I should tell him... that's when I remember the one rule I skipped - number two Periodically avoid his phone calls, e-mails, and instant messages.

With a heavy heart I cleared the notification and dragged myself out of bed. I hated myself so much I could just kill over and die right there on the spot.

As I reach the lobby, my phone decided to start to ring. I sulkily walked back to answer it.

"What do you want, Gabriel?" I asked, exasperated. He was really the last person I wanted to talk to right now.

"Hey Jen! Why the sudden formality, kitten?" he asked,chuckling on the other end.

I stayed quiet, biting down on my teeth. "Ok, silent treatment. I'm guessing things between you and Peteypie are starting to look something like a rocky road ice cream?"

"Gabe - I want out." I said, pinching my temple.

"No can do, Jen - you made a bet. The stakes are high. Are you suuuure?" he taunted me. I felt fresh tears spring to my eyes as I clutched the phone tighter in my hand.

"I hate you." I snarled softly, unable to contain my anger any longer.

"Just a week, Jen... just a week. When he dumps you before that - your free to do whatever you like with him." Gabriel cooed.

"And if he doesn't? What then Gabe? What happens then?" I demanded, making my way to the kitchen for some much needed aspirin.

"Then you don't deserve to be our bassist." He answered bluntly.

"Fine." I gave in. I didn't have college education and making music was all I knew I could do for a living. "I'll turn things up a notch - try and drive him to the edge." I said, balling my fists so hard ny nuckles turned white.

"Atta girl. We'll see you at practice tomorrow night. Don't leave out any juicy details. Steve and Gabriella are dying to know." He chuckled. I could imagine him smiling smugly at himself, inspecting his newly manicured black nails.

I didn't feel like answering him and put the phone down on the kitchen table. I could still hear him mumbling all the way to the coffee machine before he finally hung up.

"Good morning, miss." Maria greeted me, on her way to do my washing.

"Ola Maria. If anyone calls the house for me today, please tell them I'm unavailable. Make something up if you have to." I ordered, taking two headache tablets from the medicine cupboard.

"Man problems again, miss?" Maria joked, winking at me. I couldn't help but smile at that.

"If only." I replied, shaking my head - a ridiculous grin stuck on my face.

"Sure looks like that Pete guy that was here last night." She commented. "You should stop being so hard on the poor man." She added, raising a brow before walking into the washroom.

"I know... I know." I replied, placing my cup under the coffee machine and making myself a latte.

Ignoring his texts amd phone calls won't stop Pete. If I knew him any better I'd say it wouldn't be long before he popped up here. For once - I hoped my gut was wrong. I really didn't feel like facing him today and if he left and something happened to him - I'd never be able to forgive myself.