5 ༄

Astoria was extremely cold, like freezing cold

Astoria was extremely cold, like freezing cold. She had gone back to her cabin and got the scolding of her life by Silena. Silena then calmed down and straightened her sister's hair before putting it in french braids. This time she settled for a -still stylish- but more comfortable outfit. A white pair of pants with a green tight sweater on top and a bunch of jewelry.

Dinner at camp was great, she had missed it; mothering all of her siblings to eat and having to deal with the cabin 11 throwing foods at them. Thankfully tonight they were too busy trying to rob Nico, who by the way had no valuable things on him. The Stoll brothers seemed to be trying to convince Nico that poker was a much better game than Mythomagic. This might have been the perfect night if Percy and Thalia weren't looking so miserable. They both sat alone at their assigned tables but they couldn't sit together due to camp rules.

The only table that really seemed to be having a good time was the Artemis table. The Hunters drank and ate and laughed like one big happy family. Zoe sat at the head like she was the mama. She didn't laugh as much as the others, but she did smile from time to time. Her silver lieutenant's band glittered in the dark braids of her hair. Bianca di Angelo seemed to be having a great time. She was trying to learn how to arm wrestle from the big girl who'd picked a fight with the Ares kid on the basketball court. The bigger girl was beating her every time, but Bianca didn't seem to mind.

They reminded her of her own siblings a little bit, who were now gossiping about how Katie had just broken up with her mortal boyfriend after Travis had visited her. Apparently that was the cause of their most recent argument. When the eating stopped, Chiron made the customary toast to the gods and formally welcomed the Hunters of Artemis. The clapping was pretty halfhearted. Then he announced the "good will" capture-the-flag game for tomorrow night, which got a lot better reception. Afterwards they trailed back to their an early, winter lights out. Astoria was drained of energy -both emotionally and physically- and a good night's sleep was all she needed. It would have been perfect, she had put on her cute pink pyjamas with white hearts and done her night routine. As you can imagine she had a nightmare, a whopper even for her standards.

Annabeth was on a dark hillside, shrouded in fog. It almost seemed like the Underworld, because she immediately felt claustrophobic and she couldn't see the sky above-just a close, heavy darkness, as if she were in a cave. Annabeth struggled up the hill. Old broken Greek columns of black marble were scattered around, as though something had blasted a huge building to rums.

"Thorn!" Annabeth cried. "Where are you? Why did you bring me here?" She scrambled over a section of broken wall and came to the crest of the hill.

She gasped.

There was Luke. And he was in pain.

He was crumpled on the rocky ground, trying to rise. The blackness seemed to be thicker around him, fog swirling hungrily. His clothes were in tatters and his face was scratched and drenched with sweat,