Betrayal

Within the chamber, Kira stood next to the rest of the Marleyan Officials, circling Porco as he readied for his power. Her arms were wrapped around his dark khaki green combat jacket, fiddling along the hems of the sleeves as they waited for the big event, keeping her hands snug. While she wasn't all sure why Magath invited her to witness a slaughtering, she still followed through with the Commander's request. She stared up at the girl who was chained by her arms; the light in her eyes slowly disappeared.

Ymir ingrained the image in her mind: being chained on her knees, unable to escape being eaten by Porco's pure Titan. It was only right for her to sacrifice herself for something she took away. Since coming to Marley, Kira never saw Ymir smile. The last time she did was when she mentioned about the one who was awaiting for her back home. Her happiness was left on Paradis and Ymir felt numb. She was numb to what was going to happen to her. She was ready for all of it to end.

"Are you ready?" Magath asked, doing a last check in with the Warrior next to him.

"I am, Commander." Porco confirmed. Magath nodded, giving the future Jaw Titan a pat on the back, before returning beside Kira at the end of the semi-circle.

Exchanging places, the leader of the Titan Biology Research team had approached the centre, where the youngest Galliard stood. Handing him the serum of the previous Jaw Titan before Marcel, he took the injection into his hand, adjusting his fingers into position of the plunger. Once the man explained what to do, Porco waited for him to return to the formation. 'Marcel... I'll make you proud.' He thought as he stared up at Ymir. All he could hear was the sound of his heart beating as he anticipated his own action. Rolling up his left sleeve, he injected the Titan serum into his vein.

Kira flinched at the sight of the blinding yellow lightning, still not used to the transformations even after witnessing both Pieck and Zeke transform countless of times. Slight embarrassment crept up on her as she noticed how none of the Officials on either side of her had a reaction. But once the flash passed and the steam had cleared, Porco's mindless pure Titan briskly snatched Ymir's body upon the sight of the human, digging his teeth into the flesh. Kira didn't even avert her eyes to such a gruesome sight: the blood that dripped down his Titan's fingers and his jaw, the crushing of Ymir's bones echoing throughout the bricked chamber, devouring her entirely. She was desensitised to all of it.

After consuming the Jaw Titan power, his pure Titan had instantly collapsed as he released himself from the nape. As his head flicked back, removing the muscle fibres from his upper cheekbones, the jury of Marleyan Military Officials brought their hands together for the new Jaw Titan. Underneath the coat, Kira barely clapped for him, 'I never thought I would be celebrating someone getting eaten by a Titan, but here we are...' She thought as the Officials began to converse. She waded through the smoke whilst Porco tried to climb out of his pure Titan.

"How're you feeling?" Kira checked, as Porco re-emerged from the steam that dissipated around him. As she carefully made her way over, she held his coat out, hoping he'd come to his senses quick enough to put his jacket on. 'Maybe Zeke was right about the whole shirt thing...' Kira thought, noticing how both layers of Porco's uniform had disappeared into thin air only leaving the combat trousers and boots.

"The same..." He muttered, as he brought a hand to his forehead, soothing the sudden shock of electricity he felt after reawakening. Once thanking her, he put his coat over his topless body in one swift motion. "I did get some of the girl's memories, but none of Marcel's."

"You did?" Kira said, surprised by how he was able to see Ymir's memories but none of his brother's.

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it later." Porco replied, more hurried to see Commander Magath more than anything.