Survive

"Don't be too reckless De Reyes." Erwin warned, noticing from the corner of his eye that Kira removed her hands off the reins of her horse and slowly climbed onto her saddle to stand on it.

"You know how I am, Erwin." She grinned, staring at the herd of Titans that were within sight.

"Exactly... that's what's so great about you." He said, which caused Kira to flush embarrassed by his compliment.

"Oh c'mon, you're way better." Kira retaliated, rolling her eyes while sheathing out her blades from her gear.

"Oh yeah?" He questioned, sheathing his blades out, grinning at a cocky Kira.

"Mhm... But if I kill over twenty Titans, you owe me one of those old muffins you made for me before," She half joked, as she took a glimpse at the man who merely smirked and nodded at her rather childish request, "and the blueberry kind."

With the Survey Corps in sight, the Titans started to run, and like Kira, Erwin stood on the saddle of his horse, ready to grapple away. "Make it out alive and you got yourself a deal, De Reyes."

"You make sure you don't die." She retaliated, witnessing the Titan slowly make its way forward.

"I don't plan on it." Erwin said.

To the leader's side was his usual companion. Levi could hear their conversation crystal clear, and all he could do was hone in on his subordinate's big-headed attitude. He rolled his eyes at her claims, spitting out his usual disapproving jabs, "This is what I mean by 'you're cocky,' De Reyes."

"Oh, Captain..." Kira jovially said, as she smiled, looking to her left, seeing the man opposite roll his eyes. He too was stood on the saddle, waiting for Erwin's call. But upon hearing her squad leader's demand, she shot her grapples out, swinging high in the air towards her target, hoping her last snide remark at Levi would titter him over the edge. "You're exactly the same."

As the Titan flailed its hand slowly, Kira dodged its movements with ease. Just like she would on any other expedition, she sliced the Titan's nape within a couple of seconds, landing on to the ground to devour her next kill. With her bet on the line, twenty Titan kills should be easy to handle. In tandem the skilled squad were back on its horses as they defended themself from the stomping monsters.

As the squad regrouped on the grass, Levi tugged down on Kira's ponytail, getting her back for her last comment.

"You little shit..." Levi muttered, stumbling on his words as there weren't enough to describe how riled up he was from her smugness. "You always get on my nerves, De Reyes!"

• • • • •

"Shit... Erwin!" She called out, as she whistled for her horse. Hearing no response, she continued to shout for her other comrades, "Cole! Anyone?! Levi?"

Feeling a thud coming from her left, she sharply started to dash in its direction, grappling onto the pure Titan that appeared. As she swung herself high into the air, soaring, she grappled perfectly onto the shoulders, using a burst of gas to take her towards the nape. Slicing it like butter, she landed on the ground, taking down her twenty-first Titan that expedition. 'Haha, when I find the formation, Erwin owes me a blueberry muffin!' She thought, rejoicing at the thought of Erwin's baking goods. As her kill led to her finding another Titan forest, she propelled herself around, hoping to find her comrades or her horse.