Ch 9- tension

Meta Knight, the knights, and the stickmen had been running for at least an hour before stopping by an Alleyway in sight of an old man eating a sandwich.

They approached him cautiously.

"Hello sir, I am Meta Knight, and we wish to see a noble hero who is willing to help us." Meta Knight said.

The man checked his sandwich for any mold or signs of spoilage.

"Alright I'll bite, one of you try and smack me and if I react and feel it, then I'll be willing to say anything." He said.

Sword Knight puffed his chest and started to strode up to the man, readying his palm to smack the stuff out of an old man.

As soon as he swung however, the man grabbed his wrist(?) and kicked him onto a curb.

Meta Knight was impressed by the display of skill by this old man.

"If I may ask what's your name?" Meta Knight asked.

"Well I guess your guy did something, name's Mike, Mike Ehrmantraut, and you six are?"

"I am Meta Knight, and they're Sword and Blade Knight."

"I'm Ellie Rose."

"I'm Charles, and that's Henry."

"Alright so you guys want heroes right?" Mike asked.

They all nodded.

"Well I'm sorry but you're going to have to go out of state for that." Mike said.

"Well then I'll just ask if you'd join us!" Meta Knight said.

"I'm Flattered but no." Mike said "I gave up that work a long time ago."

"Look I'm not with the whole hero thing but please I need help too, finding someone, a kid, her parents were killed and I'm basically her one guardian so please." Ellie said.

Mike froze and was reminded of his kid, Matt, and his Granddaughter Kaylee, this was someone whose kid was lost and she's trying to find her.

"Alright, I'm with you guys then, but I have some rules, the first thing is that I want a day to get ready for this, second is when we're doing anything at all, no half measures, that means no slacking or half assing, am I clear or is there anything else that I'm going to need to explain?" Mike said.

The six chatted about it and were all in agreement.

Phred continued to be behind Zack and Smiley examining the mall for those eyes that would occasionally appear in the darkness.

"Phred what is it?" Zack asked, clearly annoyed.

"Alright, I think something's trying to hunt us down and I don't want to be a movie character, especially one that dies first!" Phred yelled.

"Phred your being hysterical." Zack said, "I mean, it's highly unlikely that anyone would be here, the only monster that would be tolerant of this place would be a wild trash animal like a raccoon." He continued as a face appeared behind him.

"What about a cat?" The face asked as Zack froze up in tension.

He and Smiley turned around seeing a black cat with beady eyes and white gloves.

"Welcome to my humble abode, Trespassers!" He yelled.

"Um, hi, sorry we were just on our way we just wanted to get to the exit." Smiley said nervously.

"Oh, but I must say, do you want to know what I do to trespassers?" The cat asked.

"No not really." Zack said.