02. CROWN PRINCESS

1x02

CROWN PRINCESS

Cerys's first heartbreak came with the death of King Jaehaerys

Cerys's first heartbreak came with the death of King Jaehaerys. The day the king's death was announced, the princess decided to close the doors of her room for everyone, even her parents were forbidden to enter, the only one who had been able to see her was Rhaenyra and only because she stood in front of the door crying for several hours until she Cerys had mercy. That day Rhaenyra also discovered that she did not like to see her sister sad, for her that was the worst thing in the world and that is why she decided to make her laugh, and to achieve this she went in search of her best ally, Daemon Targaryen.

Daemon had heard about his niece's confinement so he didn't bother to go see her, he knew she needed her space, after all Cerys was relatively close to King Jaehaerys and the death of someone close was always painful, especially if it was someone you admire Daemon's plan was to wait until the funeral to speak with his niece, but Rhaenyra's tearful voice changed everything. He had come across her in one of the many corridors of the fortress, the girl was red from running and had dried tears on her cheeks, that sight was not new to him, Rhaenyra was always running through the corridors and many of those times it was because she was running from someone she had offended.

"Who did you offend this time?" he asked as soon as he stopped his steps.

"Nobody," the girl's brow furrowed and she looked at him offended, "I don't always offend someone," she clarified, crossing her arms, trying to contradict her.

But he just laughed at her placing a hand on her head to ruffle her hair.

-You're right, princess-

"Uncle Daemon," Rhaenyra relaxed, reaching out to take her uncle's hand, "can you make Cerys feel better? I don't like to see her sad."

"Cerys needs time alone, Nyra," the girl pouted, "but I think I can go see her."

Rhaenyra's face brightened immediately and with what little strength she had for her age, she began to drag him down the hall back to Cerys's room. The white-haired boy was guided by his niece, in the corridors they went through there were almost no people, but the few that were scared when they saw them and that did not sit well with him. He made a mental note to question the servants after speaking with Cerys and making Rhaenyra happy. The door was locked when they reached Cerys's room, but no one was outside on guard duty, making it easy for Daemon to enter. Rhaenyra stayed outside because she didn't want to see her sad sister again, he didn't say anything to her.

The door was opened just enough for him to enter, his footsteps were silent so as not to alert the princess who appeared to be asleep in her bed, she even looked more dead than asleep, but he knew that was not the case. Things in the room were moved, the armchairs were behind the door, probably to prevent someone from opening the door before Rhaenyra invaded the place. Cushions were scattered on the floor and Daemon was sure Aemma would die if she saw the state of the room.