06. MARRIAGE PROPOSALS

1x06
Marriage Proposals

1x06Marriage Proposals

FLASHBACK

The princess's heart was learning what love was, and not the love of family or the love you feel for a friend, the love you feel for the person you want to be with for the rest of your life. Realizing what that represented left a bad experience for Cerys, with the arrival of first love also came disappointment. The most painful thing about her situation was probably that the person who had stolen her heart was nothing more and nothing less than the person closest to her, after her sister, of course.

Daemon Targaryen was the best uncle in the world, that's what the princesses said when they were asked what they thought of the prince, of course they added one or another flattering adjective to leave Daemon as the most incredible person that existed. However, for Cerys that description of her uncle changed as she reached her maturity. She had always heard the maidens talk about how handsome the prince was and how much they wished they could be of a noble house to marry him, and at first it didn't bother her, but the thought of losing Daemon began to grow on her and overnight she began to imagine what it would be like to marry him. The first person she told him was Rhaenyra and it took the younger one a whole week to process the information. Instead, when she told Laenor this she just gave a simple "I knew it."

By this time Cerys was about to mount Dhagara and leave King's Landing, but luckily both Rhaenyra and Laenor gave her helpful advice. Her sister advised her not to tell anyone else, especially her parents, and her cousin advised her to try to do something about her feelings. Laenor's advice was most welcome, and from then on Cerys strove to show Daemon how much she had "grown up", but Rhaenyra's was only welcome for a while. In Cerys' defense, it had all been the court's fault.

Cerys hated the court, that was clear. She used to spend her days in court meetings accompanying her grandfather, but she only refrained from pretending that she did not listen while she was reading or playing in a corner, but now the court wanted to kick her out of the fortress. Or at least that's how she saw it, since she turned sixteen they kept repeating to her that she was of age to accept a marriage proposal, proposals that ranged from children who could barely speak to men who were even twice as old as their father. The only proposal that made any sense to her was Laenor Velaryon's, but even that one she turned down.

Just like the other three hundred who came to King's Landing.

Rhaenyra had also helped her in her mission to ruin marriage proposals, the youngest of the princesses enjoyed scaring the suitors to such an extent that they ran away from the fortress. On the other hand, Daemon found the whole thing highly amusing. On several occasions he had already found one or another boy running away with tears on his face from her youngest niece, he had also heard the strong words that Cerys released after her meeting with a possible suitor. Viserys felt helpless in the situation and despite having asked his brother for help when Aemma sided with the girls, the Daemon himself seemed to have betrayed him.