The Almost Perfect Universe

Shubham usually feels relief at waking up alone. It isn't often that he allows one of his sex partners to stay the night. But this hadn't been a one-night stand, it had been Aditi in his bed, and for some inexplicable reason he feels hollow to find space next to him empty and the sheets cool. Her perfume still clings to the pillow next to his head. Instinctually though, he knows she has to be in his house somewhere.

His eyebrows furrow when he notices the floor-length cream curtains billowing in front of the French doors to his balcony. He can't recall leaving them open last night. Confused he drags himself out of bed, picks his boxer briefs off the floor, and slips them on before padding over to investigate. Drawing the curtains back his heart lurches at the sight of Aditi relaxing poolside, her long, tan legs lazily stretching out in front of her on the Chaise Lounge. Startled by the noise of him pushing open the door, she twists to look back at him, smiling.

"I didn't know where you were," he lowers himself into the chair next to her.

"Mornings always come early for me. I didn't want to wake you so I came out here for some fresh air."

"No regrets about last night?" Shubham forces himself to ask the question although he's not sure he wants to hear her answer.

Aditi sits upright and turns to face him. "No," she shakes her head."

Shubham nods, embarrassed at the amount of relief that floods him at hearing her words.

Aditi gives him a half smile. "Full disclosure?"

He gestures for her to continue.

"Truth is, I came out here to give you a little alone time for the same reason," she pauses to suck in a breath.

She's already gotten further under his armor than anyone before, and although they're plunging into the unknown, he's ready and shockingly willing to dive with her...

"Aditi, I'm not going to bolt like a cornered animal. Is it scary?" he wags his finger back and forth between them. "Yes, it is. Is it worth it? I'm inclined to say yes but in the interest of full disclosure, I think we need to give it some time."

Her face illuminates, giving him hope. "We'll go slow and figure it out together...okay?"

Aditi sucks her lower lip between her teeth, evidently trying to figure out how to word a question. "What about other girls? I mean, are we to be exclusive?" She flushes "I'm not saying you can't, I just..." She trails off.

"Are you going to be dating other guys?" Shubham's irritated at even the thought of someone else touching her.

"No, there is no one else, not right now anyway."

"Then I won't either," he replies succinctly.

They fall into a pleasant silence, contemplating their discussion.

"All things considered, I'm pretty happy as of right now" He focuses on her, making sure she understands she's the reason for his buoyant spirit. The breeze picks up and he shivers, not wanting to leave yet to get a T-shirt.

Aditi gets up and seats herself on his lap, leans back against his chest, and pulls his arms around her, rubbing them up and down trying to create some friction for him.

"Warmer?" she asks.

"Much" He rests his chin on top of her head, laughing when her stomach rumbles.

"Girl, I need to feed you better."

She squeals when he stands and hoists her up so she's riding piggyback.

He responds by running into the house with her. Setting her down on the counter, Shubham stands between her legs and maintains his hold on her hips.