Who is She?

My head is pounding. I stayed up late last night, reading books I've yet to finish and listening to music so loud it feels like my ear drums could burst. It's the start of senior year at my school, but I know absolutely no one. I was homeschooled throughout my childhood. Got good grades, but not so good social schools. I shake my head to gather my thoughts and take a brief moment to plan my outfit before getting up. I reach through the mess of clutter in my room to find my favorite navy blue shirt, it was form fitting and covered in skeleton patterning. I threw it together with my thrifted pants, which I dyed black myself and painted with white spiderwebs towards the ankle. Perfect! I decorated it all with my torn up fishnet gloves, webbed necklace I found on the floor of hot topic, and color coordinated bracelets. My black hair was pulled over my shoulders and my bangs hovering over my eyes. All the hair in my face made it so one could barely make out my dark lips and smoky eyes with long, sharp eyeliner. "Oh god, I'm running out of time!" I shout frantically as I look over to my beaten up alarm clock, which read "6:25". I messily forced my way into my favorite pair of Demonias and leaped out out the door.

The walk to school was long. I've lived here all my life, but I never just walked like this. I took a deep breath as I allowed myself to be absorbed in the scenery, feeling one with each tree and every blade of grass. My headphones blast as I feel at peace with my surroundings. Even the most drab and dreary peaces of greenery are still lively, Mother Nature acknowledging them each as individuals. My moment is soon ruined as I noticed all of the clutter increasing with each step. New cans, bags, and crumpled paper all piling and piling on top of each other as I get closer to my destination. Of course. Everything that was once so peaceful and quiet all turned to rubbish, surprisingly fitting to my circumstance! I gulp as I enter through the large doors of the building towering over me, unaware of what to expect. As I roam the halls I notice a shocking amount of stares. Eyes all over me, and not in a "The new kid kind of bad!" Kind of way. It was uncomfortable, disgusted, and even mocking stares. I frantically block my face with the copy of my schedule, my hands sweating as I try to cling into the only thing blocking me from hundreds of eyes.

I walked around the rest of that morning with my schedule in hand, only looking up at my surroundings when I notice a new pair of feet near by in my peripheral. That was... until lunch. The moment that lunch hit I couldn't just sit there gawking at my schedule. That was until I saw a girl across the room, her black hair contrasting with her pale white face. Her lips were a pure shade of black to match both her hair and her smoothly painted nails. She adorned Victorian mourning jewelry that complimented her lacy, black corset top and black skirt with purple hem. She was gorgeous. For a moment my jaw stood agape, my heart started to pound wondering how I would approach her.