Chapter 4

Time passed as two weeks had gone by since Saiba had joined the 'AGHA INDUSTRIES'. In this time period, Saiba had managed to become comfortable with her working environment. She was enjoying her work pretty much with Warda by her side. She had also bonded well with most of the employees, except for some. On that note, there were many who took a liking to her innocent and sweet nature. They had already taken note of her naive personality and pure heart, something that is hard to find in people these days. However, even though she had engaged with the others pretty well, this couldn't be said of Sufiyaan. Saiba most of the time avoided crossing Sufiyaan's path, which was irritating and amusing at the same time. Knowingly and unknowingly, he liked this chase with her. The way she would become nervous in his presence and fidget with her fingers gave him a sense of satisfaction to see his effect on her.

Saiba, on the other hand, couldn't understand the tingling feeling in her stomach in his presence and so avoided him. Her heartbeats would fasten at his mere glance. She had also seen him get angry a couple of times, and it wasn't a good sight for her. She always tried to keep low-key near him and do her work efficiently. The girl was simply terrified by his beastly anger. However, a part of her heart admired him, his dedication to work, and his alpha male attitude. The way Sufiyaan would elegantly carry himself was a myth in itself. She had never come across such a dominating and powerful man in her life before. And somehow, she felt his attitude was weirdly desirable.

Saiba was packing her stuff as it was time to go home after a long day when a peon came to her and informed her that Sufiyaan had summoned her to his office. She was confused as to why he was calling her; moreover, he was in a bad mood from the morning, shouting at everyone now and then. She was scared, thinking he would scold her too.

Before going towards his office, she took a deep breath and thought of an excuse to get away from the devil. However, if she knew that was the salt to the lion's wound, she would have thought twice about making an excuse.

--------------

Saiba slowly peeked her head inside Sufiyaan's cabin and entered his room, making him swoon over her childlike behavior. Saiba grew nervous, feeling his gaze on her, and looked down.

"Sir, apne mujhe bulaya?" She asked him carefully.

(Sir, did you call me?)

"Jee Han, take your seat at first."

(Oh yes.)

Actually, sir, I am getting late; I have to reach home." Saiba spoke, making Sufiyaan infuriated. He frowned, not liking the idea of her denying him. He was already in a bad mood, and her constant denial was making him lose his calm. He had always been very patient when it came to dealing with her, but until when? Sufiyaan was a hot-headed man and was extremely possessive. He did not like anything that didn't go according to his plan.

"Saiba, I think I asked you to sit. Didn't I?" Sufiyaan asked her in his stern voice, which was enough for her to surrender.

"Ye-yes sir."

"Toh phir, mein tumse baithne ki umeed rakhta hoon, excuse sunne ki nahin." Sufiyaan spoke gravely,Yahan par kuch files pari hain aur mujhe ek ghanta pe inki revised notes chaiye."

(Then I expect you to sit down, not listen to your excuse.)

(There are some files, and I want their revised notes in an hour.)

"But sir-" Saiba opened her mouth to protest but was silenced by Sufiyaan's thundering voice.

"ENOUGH! Saiba, when I said I wanted the work to be done in an hour, meant that I wanted it done by now. Now take these files and start revising them in this room, in front of me. Am I clear?" Saiba so wanted to cry. It was the first time someone had raised their voice at her. She had tears in her eyes and looked down. She was feeling embarrassed, and moreover, the girl wasn't really good with loud voices. She already had a weak heart to deal with, and these loud voices never favored her. She controlled herself, looking down, and nodded her head, not looking up. She was sure that if she looked up now, she was going to break into tears.