Chapter 7

Enjoy the chapter ahead!

It was like a bomb had burst into Saiba's head when she saw her prospective groom. Never in her life had she expected Sufiyaan Zayn Agha to be her suitor. Her mind was running a marathon all the way, trying to depict what was happening with her. Saiba had expected anyone but him out of everyone. She saw how he was engaging so confidently with her family. Her female cousins were already gushing over him, telling her again and again that she was so lucky to have the most eligible bachelor and handsome hulk of a man as her husband. The funniest thing in the whole situation was that the family had considered Sufiyaan as their son-in-law, and here she was sitting, trying to wrap her mind around a point to digest the whole thing.

Flashback~~~

After waking up in the morning, the first thing she received was an email from her boss, which mentioned she should take a leave. She was slightly confused by his sudden generosity, as he would hardly grant her a leave even on the weekends. Nonetheless, being the naïve bird, she kept on flying, thinking of the extra sleeping hours she was granted and a day without any workload. However, after lunch, her mother had instructed her to take a nice bath and wear something nice. She has even instructed her cousins to get her ready. Apparently, the proposal her parents mentioned the previous day was coming to see her along with her infamous suitor.

Saiba was nervous, expecting anything and everything, when she heard the laughter coming from downstairs after the guest's arrival. Her cousins had discreetly taken her to the kitchen, where she was supposed to take tea and snacks for the guests, like a typical desi girl. She groaned in her head at all the drama unfolding and the teasing glances of her cousins. Nonetheless, all her complaints vanished when she saw her mother glare at her—the same glare that scares the daylights out of a kid.

She took a deep breath and fixed her dupatta properly on her head before she made her way to the living room, where everyone was sitting.

'Calm down, girl, calm down. Everything is fine. You are doing great. Just a few steps, and you will be easy.' She mentally consoled herself. She looked to her right, where her cousins were accompanying her with the other plates of snacks.

Her arrival in the living room silenced the atmosphere as she quietly kept the tea tray on the table. She straightened herself and looked up when her eyes clashed with the pitch black orbs of her mighty boss, a.k.a. Sufiyaan Zayn Agha.

End of flashback~~~

Saiba was looking bewildered at Sufiyaan, who had a slight smirk on his face, and then at her parents. What was really going on? She was made to sit in front of him on the sofa, as she still kept looking at him. It was Mawra who had finally taken the initiative to break her out of her flabbergasted self.

"Kya kar rahi hain? aise ankhein phar phar k kyun dekh rahi hain unhe?" She whispered in Saiba's ears, pointing towards Sufiyaan. Saiba lightly cleared her throat and looked down, realizing how she had been gawking at him since she arrived, and that too in front of everyone. It was so embarrassing, but her shock covered it all.

"Ye mere boss hain." She whispered back at Mawra, and now it was her time to get shocked.

"La hua la kuwata! Ye yahan kya kar rahein hain?"

"Agr mujhe pata hota, to main nahin batati tujhe." She wishpered back to Mawra but immediately straightened up, hearing a voice.

"Assalamualaikum beta. Kaisi ho ap." Saiba looked up to see an elderly, elegant woman seated beside Sufiyaan, greeting her with a warm smile on her face.

"Walaikumassalam. Mein thik hoon, ap kaisi hain." She asked politely, which almost made the woman gush at her lovely voice.

"Alhamdullilah beta, mein bhi thik hoon. So, beta aj kal tum kya kar rahi ho?" The woman asked her, making her a bit tense.