Chapter 1: why me

Cw/Tw: doctor examinations for people if this thing freaks them out
*******************************

Dream was woken up by a soft knocking realizing he was still in the now cold tub. "What is it?" he asked, still curious on how may have interrupted him "your highness, we've come to get you ready for the wedding ball," oh right he thought "just give me a minute," he told the maid.

Dream got up and stepped out of the tub making sure not to trip. He grabbed the towel that was near by and put it around his waist. Once he started to walk out the bathroom he looked at his bed and saw the outfit that the maids have picked for him.

He once again was shoved into a corset which wasn't as tight this time, then he was put into a poets shirt with puffy sleeves and some dark brown pants that made his waist look small because of the corset. "what do you think your majesty," asked one of the maids, " I think it looks amazing thank you," he responded with care to the maids, " is it possible if I can get a minute to myself," he asked looking at the maids, " of course your majesty." They all said while leaving Dream alone.

Dream looked at himself at the mirror once more, then he remembers he still has to do the wedding night which for him is another part of this hellish day. I really don't want to participate in the wedding night he thinks, what if i bring shame on just because I can't bear an heir for the throne he thought. Kept thinking of all the bad possibilities that might come with the marriage. Then that's where it hit him.

His mother. The only person that cared so little of him only wanted to use him. His mother has been the worst through out his entire life time and the only time she felt proud of him was when he married into the rival empire of his kingdom. Bet she wants me to use him like she made me do with the others he thought. He would be risking his title for gods sake just to get a little information that won't matter in the end. She only wanted for me to marry him to spy he realized what a bitch

_________________

Dream was walking down the hall to the doctors quarters because the doctor wanted to do an examination on Dream to make sure he was clear to do the wedding night.

Once he got to the office the first thing the doctor made him do was strip. Then the doctor started the examination.

"your majesty, I can't examine you if you keep yourself in the corner," said the doctor "please just don't bring that thing near me I don't want to get poked by that needle," said Dream with fear in his eyes from just looking at the needle, "it's part of the examination your majesty I have to make sure you are healthy enough to participate In the wedding night," continued the doctor "what if I don't want to participate in the wedding night," admitted Dream "I know it can be stressful and it's hard for omegas that don't want to participate to submit to the alpha and I just want to make sure you can become submissive enough to accept that this has become your fate."

Dream looked at the doctor with a deep sadness that has been hidden from everyone, he couldn't believe what the doctor had said. His face went warm am I crying he thought, he brought a hand to his face to feel it I guess I am. Dream sighed then looked at the doctor "I'll let you finish so I can get this over with as fast as possible," Dream told the doctor and the doctor just looked at Dream with pity and did as he was told.

The examination proceeded with checking if Dream was considered fertile to the council's approval, then they had to check if he produced enough slick so he doesn't get harmed, which Dream hated that specific examination and thought that nobody would really care about that as long as he can produce an heir, then the doctor checked for any disabilities that might slow down the process or delay the wedding night, and the grand finale, checking if he was a virgin.

"Doctor I feel a bit uncomfortable," Dream said a bit underwhelmed with what was happening, "it will be over soon," the doctor replied. Dream was currently on an examination table and the doctor was currently in between his legs, he was almost done. "I'm done your majesty, you may close your legs now," the doctor stated, "so?" Dream asked, "oh right. You passed the virginity test," said the doctor I already knew that thought Dream rolling his eyes at his own thought

Once Dream knew that the cost to the doctor was over he made his way to have lunch.

_________

Dream walked down the hall to make his way to the dinning area, of course he was following Niki so he wouldn't get lost on his way there. The halls were filled with portraits of the past rulers of the empire, all of the portraits were hung on the same hall with the same frame great, I guess this country is also boring.

Once they got there Niki helped him by pulling his chair out for him and pushing him closer to the table once he was on the chair. "Your majesty, lunch has been served," announced a butler that just walked in, "excuse me," asked Dream, the butler looked at as he was telling him to continue "do you know if emperor technoblade will come have lunch with me," asked Dream. Dream only wanted to talk to techno on how this whole arrangement will go down, like if Dream would be forced to participate in the wedding night or how they would have to communicate in-front of the public to make it seem like they were actually in love.

Dream hated the idea of making it seem like to random strangers were actually in love. A voice snapped him back to reality "I'm sorry your majesty, but his highness will not be attending to lunch," the butler stated with a straight face, Dream only seeing a glimpse of pity from the butler "I understand, thank you, you're dismissed," Dream stated.

Infront of Dream was a plate perfectly cooked steak and a side of mashed potatoes. Dream was hesitant to take a bit of the food since he never really ate this much before. In his kingdom the average lunch for royalty was a small bowl of soup with a side lamb, but his for lunch was simply to much for him.

He started to cut the steak into smaller slices so he wouldn't choke on the steak. Then he started to speak, "Niki," Dream started "why are you so awfully quiet," he asked "nothing your majesty," niki stated "well I wouldn't mind having a small conversation with you," Dream said, and with that Niki and Dream started a small conversation. Dream has never talked to someone like that in a while, talked about if they had any extra hobbies they enjoyed while in there free time and the the conversation led to Niki's working environment and if she liked how techno treated his servants, to which Niki was a bit hesitant to answer but did anyway.

Once Dream was finished with his lunch Niki and him continued their conversation and with Dream being pretty clever he knew he has already gotten some dirt off of techno and already knew that some of it could really ruin his reputation if the public knew this.

I've think I already found something that might please my mothers dirty wishes if she knew this dream thought being completely oblivious us that he just ran into someone which was a terrible way to greet someone as a first impression

*****************

Thank you for reading I hope you have a great day or night:}