Chapter 3: small things

After his small argument with his mother Dream looks for techno, damn it where might he be he thinks after putting his glass down on the table that held the pastries. Dream looks everywhere for techno, even asked people if they have seen the emperor around.

It felt like the ballroom extended with how long it took dream to find techno, "Technoblade," Dream called out to him, techno looked at him like he was questioning why Dream was calling him. Dream started to walk up to him, once he got to his side he spoke "why are you calling for me," asked techno, "I just wanted to know we're you where," responded Dream "I also wanted to apologize about my mother's behavior, it was dumb of me to think that she would have some decency around you," Dream continued, techno gave him an intrigued hum, "well I'm a bit drunk and feeling quite tired of this ball, so why don't we give a speech so we can send everyone home," techno said, Dream thought about for a minute before he spoke "sure, I am feeling quite tired," Dream responded, "I forgot to tell you that a butler also said that we have to leave soon or end the ball so we could proceed with the wedding night," said techno, Dream glanced at the floor for a moment then replied with a hum.

Techno and dream made their way to the stair case that they walked down at the beginning of the ball, they stood for a moment before techno grabbed a champagne glass and grabbed the pocket knife he had hidden in his vest incase of an emergency, Dream looked at him waiting for the moment that all eyes will be on them and just like that techno tapped on the glass with the pocket knife and with three soft but loud enough chimes, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at the couple on top of the stairway, just like that techno began to speak, "welcome everybody," he spoke "I would want to thank all of you for coming to my wedding ball and thank you for all the wedding gifts that have been given," he continued "we wanted to end the night with a thank you to my loyal followers and my family that has been with me since the start of my rule and on that note you all have been dismissed for my palace and could make your way home to your families and the people you have close to you goodnight,"

And with the speech finished techno and dream left the ballroom and made their way to their chambers.

_____________

When Dream got to his chambers he was changed again, but this time Niki had helped him. "Niki I just don't understand why I have to go through this, I never signed up for this," Dream said, he was currently infront of his vanity while Niki was brushing down his hair out of the style the earlier maids put his hair in while whispering words of comfort to dream who was on the verge of crying because of this, "Dream I think you will be alright, since the emperor isn't really all that bad, I even saw you start a decent conversation with him during the ball," Niki spoke softly trying to make Dream calm down. Dream looked at her through the mirror his vision becoming a bit blurry due to the watering in his eyes. Dream sighed letting a small tear fall from his eye "what if it's a facade that I saw," he says looking at Niki with sadness in his eyes, Niki looks back thinking of what to say next to not escalate the situation they were in, "I've known him for a pretty long time, he's pretty trustworthy once you get to know him a bit more, you have my word," said Niki in a soft voice.

It reminded Dream of his mother when he was just a kid, before he presented, before everything went to shit in his family. He looked back at Niki, his emerald green eyes looking at soft blue ones, "thank you," he said before turning around and pulling her into a hug and letting all his bottled up emotions out. They stayed like that for a moment, Dream breathing in her warm and comforting scent of freshly bloomed daisies and newly baked bread. "Let's continue getting you ready," spoke Niki interrupting the quiet moment he had with her, she backed away and grabbed the brush that was on the vanity once again she started to brush Dream's hair and taking out all the knots that have been confined in his hair, "niki I know that we only met today but you don't know how much I appreciate you already," he looking at her through the mirror once again, she made eye contact with him once again and gave him a soft smile that he only knew was generous.