Chapter 2: just a chat

Dream looked up at the persons that knocked his balance over, he looked and saw brown eyes staring at him, "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking at where I was going," said the mysterious man, "it's alright," Dream accepted, he stood up and started to brush off his clothing. "My name is Wilbur," the man said reaching his hand out to greet Dream, "I'm Dream," he said while taking Wilbur's hand and shaking it, "you must be my brother's husband, it's so nice to finally meet you," said Wilbur.

Wilbur and Dream started to have a small chit chat to get to know each other a bit more. "So Wilbur what do you like to do in your spare time?" asked Dream, "I mostly play the guitar but when I don't I just have a walk around the garden, but since it's around winter time down here, I just walk around the castle," Wilbur responded "that sounds nice," Dream commented. Dream looked at Wilbur acknowledging his facial features, he had brown eyes and fluffy brown hair. He also had gold rimmed glasses.

The walk around the castle was pleasant in dream's opinion. They walked down the hall with all the portraits of past rulers and Wilbur told stories of all the things they did for the empire such as fighting in wars with them and and some emperors going against society's rules and helping omegas in need, which made Dream think that not all of the in this kingdom are a-holes.
Dream and Wilbur continued their conversation all the way until they were interrupted by Niki "your majesty," she said looking at dream "we have to get you ready for the ball this evening," Niki announced, Dream looked at Niki then back at Wilbur. Dream looked at Wilbur for the last time and he said his goodbye with him "let's go Niki," he said and Wilbur went his way and Dream headed for his chambers.

_____________

Once they arrived to dream's chambers Dream saw what he was going to wear. On his bed the maids picked out a dark green dress a short V-neck. Dream took off the shirt and pants he was given earlier and helped to put on the layers for the skirt then the actual skirt. Then he was helped to put on the bodice and once again the retightened his corset. The dress had small embroidery of flowers and plants made out of small crystals that made the dress pop.

Then they moved on to doing his hair. Dream was put in a chair infront of a mirror, then maids started to surround him. They started by pinning certain parts of his hair, right now a maid was focusing on braiding a few strands of his hair. This is taking a while Dream thought to himself I wonder what type of food he started to think of certain foods that might be there. At his older sisters wedding they had traditional Esempian snacks and meals that everyone found comfort in. A harsh tug snapped him out of his thoughts right I'm still here he remembered, he looked at the mirror for a second noticing that the maids doing his hair were currently putting his hair in a bun.

Once they were done putting his hair in the bun they moved on to the make up, "could you please not put a lot of make up for please?" he asked the maids, they all muttered a small "yes, your majesty," and they did what they were told. They started with a bit of powder on his face to make him look paler, which covered most of his freckles and in dream's opinion he didn't like that. Then they added a bit of blush to add color to his face since the powder washed out most of the color on his face. Then they added lipstick, it was a faint color that made his lips look redder than they already were.

As soon as they were finished doing his make up they took a step back so Dream could take a good look at himself, "I think it looks quite nice," he said looking at the maids with a soft smile, they all muttered a quick "thank you" and left the room. Dream looked at himself in the mirror for the last time before he thought time to get over this hell and walked out of the room and made his way to the ball room.