cruelty wins in the movies

Kate sighs and massages her temples slowly. 

"Kate, you should seriously consider it," Clint says from the phone. 
"Clint, I don't need therapy! I'm fine. I'm just tired, I promise." Kate walks over to her couch and takes a seat. 
"Kid," Clint sighs. "You need to talk to somebody. It doesn't help to keep it all bottled up inside. Talk to me." 

Kate hangs up and tosses her phone to the other side of the couch and sinks down into the cushion.  

"Kate Bishop, what are you doing? Sitting at home on a lovely day? What a shame," a familiar Russian voice says. Kate whips around. Sure enough, Yelena stands by her window, carrying a small package. "And you really need a lock on that window." 
"Yelena?? What are you doing here?" 
"Oh, just checking in on my favorite archer," she says, sickly sweet. Something about the way she says it seems fake. 
"Did Clint put you up to this?" Kate glares at her. Yelena hesitates, her green eyes piercing. 
"He called me yesterday to ask if I would check on you," she explains softly. Kate has never seen Yelena this way before.  "He's worried about you. We both are." 
"I never expected you to care about me," Kate snaps.
"I-"
"And why does Barton even have your number? You tried to kill him, remember?" Kate shakes her head in disbelief. 
"I owe him for trying to kill him, don't you think? And he and I both knew that you'd get into trouble eventually, so..," Yelena trails off. 
"I don't need you and Barton taking care of me. I can handle my own." Kate stands up and goes into the kitchen. Yelena silently follows. "Can't you see that I want to be alone?? God, you're so-" Kate doesn't know what to say. 
"So what, Kate Bishop? What am I?" Yelena leans on her countertop, smirking. Kate shakes her head and pulls out a Kraft mac and cheese from her fridge. "Aww! So happy you thought of me, Kate Bishop!" Yelena walks over and grabs the box out of her hand. "Let me do the cooking, Kate Bishop." Kate stands there openmouthed. 
"Wha-"
"Oh! That reminds me, I got you a present! Here, Kate Bishop." Yelena hands her the small package. Kate tears the box open to find.... forks? 
"Why did you get me forks?" 
"You do not have cutlery," she calls from over her shoulder. Kate smiles to herself and puts the forks away. 

Soon enough, their dinner is finished. As they eat, Yelena talks about places she's been for her work. 
It actually lightens Kate's mood. 

                                                                                       /\

hiiiii so this is my first fanfic AND my first published book so idk if it's gonna be that good because i basically have no plot laid out so i'm just winging it as i write........

also these r gonna be fairly short because i'm planning on a lot of chapters 

OH and the whole book is based on The Archer by the one and only t swizzle so idk if yall can tell that by the chapter's title or not