that I almost said to you

a/n: still dk where this is going 

also in this story there's a downstairs in kate's apartment and it's not a pizzeria :)

———-

A few days after Yelena moved in with Kate, there have been some, well- changes. Not just with the apartment's set up (Yelena insisted on getting another bed. "Kate Bishop, as I said, your couch hurts like hell.") Yelena has been extremely affectionate in her mannerisms.
Whether it's a simple touch on the shoulder or one of the many hugs she's given to Kate, something seems off. In the few encounters Kate had with Yelena she assumed that she was not the touchy type - no Widow seems like they'd be affectionate. Kate has pried some information from Clint on the Red Room; she knows how they were taught to squash their emotions and how love was supposedly a weakness. Kate keeps this in mind as she tries to determine why Yelena has suddenly shifted her behavior, but she can't come up with a realistic theory.   
Kate picks up her phone and dials Clint's number. She needs advice. 
"What is it, Kate?" Clint sighs as he answers. He sounds tired - and he's slurring his words.   
"I-" Kate starts. "Are you drunk?" Clint sighs and Kate feels like she can hear him shaking his head. 
"Kate, Laura and I went on vacation. Of course I got a little tipsy." He sounds annoyed with Kate's question. "Kids," Clint mutters, still annoyed. 
"I heard that," Kate snaps. "You got tipsy, eh? Did you get something else as well?" Kate smirks. 
"Kate-" Clint sighs audibly. "What do you need? I'm trying to enjoy my vacation." 
"I need advice. It's Yelena," Kate explains. "Was Natasha-" She pauses as she works up the courage to ask him. Natasha is a touchy subject and hasn't been brought up often. "Was Natasha touchy at all? With anyone?" 
"Well- with her girlfriend, yeah. And she hugged me sometimes. Nobody else, thou-" 
"GIRLFRIEND?" Kate yells. She covers her mouth as she realizes Yelena is still asleep downstairs. Clint chokes. 
"I wasn't supposed to tell you that. Don't tell Yelena. Wanda is going to tell her sooner or later,"  he explains. 
"Wait- let me get this straight. The Scarlet Witch was her girlfriend?" Kate asks softly, trying not to wake Yelena. 
"Yes. She was-" Clint chokes out a sob. "She was going to propose on May 22nd... the day after the Snap."  They sit in silence as Kate digests this information. She's shocked."Why did you ask that, though?"

"Yelena has been, er, different. She's been so affectionate and touchy with me since she's moved in. I don't know whether to be worried or glad about it." 
"I'm sure it's how she's coping with her trauma. Natasha did that before she opened up to me," he explains. There's a tremble in his voice when he talks about Natasha."Sorry, Kate, but I need to go get ready for breakfast. My wife is waiting for me. If you want more information, go talk to Wanda. I'll talk to you soon, yeah?" He hangs up right after. 

Kate swings her legs over the side of her bed. I need to go see Wanda. She goes and gets dressed, picking out a simple t shirt and shorts. Or you could just ask Yelena how she's doing. No, no, I want to meet Wanda anyways. She might know things about Natasha that Yelena doesn't know. 
After packing her suitcase and purchasing last minute plane tickets, Kate tiptoes downstairs and catches a glimpse of Yelena sitting up in her bed.
"Kate Bishop! Good morning, Hawkeye!" Yelena stands up and walks over to Kate. She gives her a side hug as she yawns. God, she's so cute. "What are we doing today, Katie? Going to Times Square? Or maybe-"
"I'm leaving for a- a trip," Kate says and pulls out of Yelena's iron-like grip. Yelena frowns and it takes everything inside of her to not run her thumb over her frown lines.
"Where are you going, Katie?" Yelena looks hurt.
"I-I can't tell you. I have... unfinished business. I should be back in a few days - Thursday at the latest," Kate explains, running a hand through her hair. Yelena's frown deepens into a glare. "Fine, Kate Bishop. If you get hurt it isn't my problem." Yelena stalks over to the window and looks outside. Kate stares, transfixed by the blonde's beauty. "And if you're going to stare, make it less obvious." A blush forms on both women's cheeks.
"I-I need to leave. The plane..." 
"Go, Kate," Yelena says, voice cool. "I understand." Kate pauses
"I-I" I'm going to Wanda's to talk about Natasha. Did you know your sister had a girlfriend? Also, I like you a lot. You're so cool and hot and GOD, your accent?? I'm so attracted to you. It takes everything inside Kate not to blurt her thoughts out. I hate hiding things from her. "I'm sorry, Yel."
And with that, she leaves. 
And leaves a blonde silently crying by the window.
But she doesn't know this. Not yet.

----------------

a/n oooooo dramaaaa 

BUT MOMMY WANDA IS COMING GUYS OMG SHE'S GONNA SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM IN THE UNIVERSE 

ALSO update: i kinda have a plot going are you proud of me???