easy they come

a/n 

we back with another one after a week  

OH and MoM never happened in this .... (im still so in shock from it that im just denying its existence at this point lmao)

also this will be the last i update for a few weeks cus im leaving town :)

------------------------------------------------

Kate can't help but wonder if she made the wrong choice when she left town, but there's no turning back now.
She's just landed and got directions from Clint on how to get to Wanda's cabin. She has a little fear even though she knows (well, she doesn't know) that Wanda won't hurt her. Kate just doesn't want her mind controlled by a witch. 
"1 unread voicemail"

Kate's phone practically screams at her. She sighs and opens her phone while she waits outside the airport for her Uber. Clint's voice starts blaring from her phone.
"Kate, I know I probably should have told you this before you left.. but Wanda is a little... out of sorts. Not that she's going to hurt you, but she just lost her kids. Be careful when you speak with her. She's grieving. See you later, kid." 

Kate doesn't know what to make of this, really. Doesn't he know that I'm always careful? Er.. maybe I'm not ALWAYS careful, but when it comes to witches who can kidnap me and make me a TV show character, I'd say I'm pretty careful. 
Kate's Uber arrives within the next minute. She mentally preps herself for certain death as she opens the door. Inside is a young man who looks a little younger than she is. He's smiling and looks very much like the child he is.
"Hi! I'm Peter! I'll be your Uber driver today. What's your name? Where are we headed? Where are you from?" 
Kate is taken quite off guard by his many questions.
"I," she states lamely. "I'm Kate. We're going to... uh, do a little offroading." She hands him her phone which has Google maps pulled up. His eyes bug out. 
"You're going to see Wanda? The witch? I heard that she-" Kate holds up her hand.
"Wanda's just misunderstood, Peter. And she's an Avenger, so what could go wrong? Plus, I was sent here by Hawkeye," Kate says smugly. Peter's eyes miraculously widen even more. 
"By the Hawkeye?" He asks as he plugs in the coordinates to his dashboard. "That's so cool! I met him once, at Mr. Stark's funeral.. he and Wanda seem to be close! Are they dating?" Peter starts rambling again, but Kate is focused on one thing.
"Hold up, Peter. You knew Tony Stark? Ironman? How?" Peter runs his hand on the back of his neck. 
"I'm- uh, I'm Peter Parker. Spiderman. Yknow?" Peter smiles shyly as he drives down the road. Kate's mouth falls open. 
"For real? Like- oh man, you are him!" Peter smiles again. 
"Why are you going to see Wanda? If it's not too personal," he asks. 
Kate hesitates. "I- uh. Uh, I need to talk about, well, about Natasha. I need to understand her if I want to understand her sister," Kate explains. Just thinking of Yelena brings a faint sprinkling of red to her cheeks. Peter nods understandingly. 
"I wish I had someone I could talk to about Mr. Stark besides Mrs. Stark. I want to know him from a different perspective."
"Peter, aren't you from New York too? Why're you in Westview?" Peter hesitates. 
"Er- no reason, really. Just doing some school stuff!" He chuckles nervously. Kate is smart enough to determine that he's on a mission.
"Ah, right," she says, side-eyeing him knowingly. 
They fall silent for a few minutes until they reach Wanda's front gate. People have vandalized the wooden gate with slurs, curse words and hate speech against the woman, one even going so far as to call her kids "fat pigs from the devil." Kate cringes slightly when she sees the amount of graffiti on the gate. The gate itself isn't in good shape even without the graffiti.
"Well, Kate, here we are. Wanda's crib," Peter announces. Kate's mouth curls up into a look of digust.
"Don't call her place that; it's weird," she scolds. Kate takes a few tentative steps up to the gate. "Wish me luck, Parker. I might get kidnapped," she jokes. Peter laughs and waves goodbye. 
"I'll see you in New York, maybe! We should hang out sometime, Kate." Kate nods in agreement before walking up the dirt road to Wanda's tiny cabin. In the distance, she thinks she sees Wanda's telltale red hair. 
As she approaches the cabin, a figure stands in the doorway. Kate doesn't see her, though. 

"Hello, Kate. I've been waiting for you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

wanda i love you

thx 4 coming to my ted talk :)

see yall later

-remy