i've got a hundred thrown out speeches

before we start this chapter this is either gonna be a really fast burn or shes gonna catch feelings nd then nothins gonna happen for like. ever. so bear with me here i have no idea what im doing.

                                                                                            /\
"Kate, how could you?" Eleanor cries as she's lead away by the police officer.  Kate looks away as she begins to cry. Eleanor's face changes as she is forced into the back of the cruiser. "If you would do this to me, then you aren't my daughter." Then she is shoved into the back and driven away.

--

"All rise," the bailiff announces. Kate stands and watches her mother do the same. She is cuffed and her lawyer stands near her. 
"Be seated," the judge says, her hair bouncing as she sits. Her frown is deeply driven into her features. Kate wonders what she's had to deal with in her time. "Mr. Dale, please swear in the jury." 

Kate's mind wanders as the jury is sworn in. Before she knows it, she is called to the stand as a witness. 

As Kate approaches the stand she sees her mother's disapproving face. She seems to be asking 'are you really going to stand against me?' Kate knows that she has to do this. 

"Please raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" Kate gulps. 

"I do," she says softly, her mother's eyes meeting her own. The prosecutor steps forward. 

"Kate, your mother hired an assassin to kill Clint Barton. Is this true?" 
"Yes," Kate says. 
"And this assassin also tried to harm you as well, correct?" 
"Yes."  Kate frowns as she says this. She knows by know that Yelena would never hurt her. And she didn't hurt her- merely threw her off of a building.
Well....

The prosecutor turns to the judge.

"Your honor, I believe that this is sufficient enough to persecute. If this mother is willing to put her daughter in danger to pay off a simple debt, I do not believe that she should get off lightly."  The judge nods her head. 
"Kate, that is all we have for you," the prosecutor says. 

--

"Mom, I-"
"Save it, Kate. I don't understand why you would do that to me. And it was on Christmas of all days? I thought you loved me," Eleanor snaps. Kate sighs. 

"Mom, what you did was illegal. You hired someone to kill the world's greatest hero - and she ended up almost killing me. I did what I had to do. But I guess it worked out in the end." Kate snaps. Eleanor gasps and glares at her. 

"How did it work out? Your mother is in jail. You'd better take that back or I'll-" 
"What'll you do, hire me to kill him?" Yelena asks, stepping out of the shadows. "I don't think I answer to you anymore." Eleanor looks confused. Yelena stands beside Kate with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Katie??" Eleanor looks confused as Kate glares at her. "You truly aren't my daughter. You're friends with the assassin?" She sighs. "Get out. I don't want to see either of you again."

--

Kate awakes with a yelp. She looks around, disoriented. 
"Are you okay?" Yelena asks her. Wait.... Yelena? "Did you have a bad dream?"
"Yelena? Why are you in my bed?" Yelena looks shocked as she realizes what it looks like. 
"You fell asleep so I carried you back to bed. It was very late, about three," Yelena explains.
"And you decided to stay the night? In my bed? With me in it?" Kate stares her down. 
"Yes, Kate Bishop. What else was I supposed to do? I have nowhere to stay. I do not live here. And your couch is- well, it is quite uncomfortable."
Kate sighs and rolls over, dangling her feet off the bed as she battles with herself on whether or not to get up. She feels the bed move as Yelena stands, and makes the decision to follow. 
"Well... er- would you- I mean-," Kate stutters as she is caught off-guard by how pretty Yelena looks. Her blonde hair isn't messy at all (Kate doesn't know how that's possible; she always wakes up with the worst rats in her hair) and her green eyes are as piercing as every. Kate feels her heart flutter. 
"Spit it out, Kate Bishop," Yelena encourages, accent thick and voice low. Kate doesn't understand why she's attracted to this deadly assassin. 
"Would you like to stay with me? It doesn't matter how long; I've been looking for someone to keep me company," Kate asks. She's sure that her face is flushed by now. Being in the mere presence of the blonde is obviously doing something to her. She just doesn't know why. After all, she's only known this woman for a month-and she's only been around her for a few days. Yelena smiles.
"I would love to be your roommate, Kate Bishop." Kate gulps. Here goes nothing.

------

a/n

longer chapter wooo

also like i mentioned im too impatient for this to be a slow burn soooo-

ty for reading <3