Revelations

"Y-Yes?!" the woman responded with a suppressed sob. "Please don't get mad, it wasn't on purpose. I..."

Shocked, he pulled back a bit and stared down at her.

"Why would you think I could be mad, love? If anything I am incredibly happy. And now I understand why you were distant those last days. You weren't feeling well, right? I am very sorry for not even noticing, darling. Have you been sick? Or something even more serious? Have you made an appointment for an examination already? Just come and sit down. You must be more careful from now on, okay?" the usually composed man nervously rambled. He then held one hand in front of her belly, asking,

"May I?"

Nathalie took a look down and started to smile, while she vigorously nodded.

"O-Of course!" she stammered. "You're r-really h-h-happy?"

"Can I kiss you? I'd rather make love to you but as we're expecting our visitors to arrive soon, a kiss must be enough for now. So, do you mind? I mean, if it would make you feel sick or something..."

The young woman stopped his babbling by placing her lips on his.

"I'm okay. I was terrified when I noticed the symptoms and bought the test. And even more when I saw the result. But right now, seeing you reacting all sweet and caring, I already feel a lot better. I am still scared though. But despite having been sick a couple of times, even not too long ago, I still want and need your kisses. And there's more, Gabriel." Nathalie told him after pulling back.

"What's that, dear? Do I have to worry?"

She shook her head once again.

"No! Nothing to worry about. I just want you to know, finding out about 'that', helped me to overcome the very last doubts according to this... Us. This marriage. Whatever we'll have to face, I am ready for it. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you!"

Gabriel cupped her face and kissed her savagely.

"I've waited so long to hear you say that, love! Are you alright with telling Adrien and Marinette about everything?" he asked carefully.

The pregnant woman nodded.

"I guess, I am. I never would have thought I'd get there this fast, but, right now, I can't wait to tell it to the whole world!"

With a beaming smile she whirled around and shouted,

"I am in love with Gabriel Agreste and I am having his baby!"

Laughing, her husband watched her. Then his eyes narrowed and he reacted quickly, when he saw her swaying and stumbling, her hands searching for anything to get a hold on.

Gabriel caught her in his arms and held her taut to his body, kissing the top of her head, while asking,

"What's wrong, dear? Aren't you feeling well? Should we go to the hospital to have you checked up?"

"I'm okay!" she groaned. "I just found out that doing quick turns makes me dizzy and nauseous. It's already getting better, though I might need to throw up soon. Just give me a little time, I am sure once I did, I'm going to be fine again!"

The concerned father to be however disagreed.

"I won't leave you on your own, as long as you're not well. What if you passed out, while I would be gone? It's my child too, right? So I will be at your side through everything that might come up. Is there anything I can do to make you feel a little better right now?"

About twenty minutes later, after Gabriel had stayed with her and held her hair while she was vomiting, they greeted the younger couple at the entrance and led them into the dining room.

"Well, father, as happy as we are right now, to be invited for dinner, I can tell that something is going on. So do you want to keep your secret until we have eaten or would you like to tell the truth right away?" Adrien asked as soon as everybody had taken their seat. He watched the designer and his assistant thoroughly as he waited for an answer. "Nathalie, are you alright? You look rather pale. Please don't tell me, you've had some of those health issues like back then. Marinette, are you sure, she has been cured from everything?"

The girl took his hand into her own as she soothed him.

"I am, Adrien. And I don't think Nathalie is suffering from any illness. Isn't that so?" she directed her question at the older pair.

Gabriel replied with a careful smile and took his wife's hand into his own.

"It's a long story and we invited you to tell you about everything that happened in the last weeks. But let's have our meal first, please. I won't let Nathalie go without food any longer. It's really important for her to eat. Alright?"

Furrowing his brows, the young man agreed and took his fiancée's hand to squeeze it gently.

"As it is for you!", he whispered into her ear.

Marinette beamed at him then she looked back at the older woman and her jaw dropped. Trying to not let anyone notice, she quietly started to eat.

When the dessert was being served by the waiter they had hired for tonight, Gabriel took the word.

"Well, Adrien, Marinette, we invited you here tonight, to tell you the wonderful news that we have been married for six weeks today. Stop!"

He held up his hand, keeping his son from speaking.

"Let me finish, please. We got married in Las Vegas after getting drunk and we had no idea when we woke up in the morning. But..."

He looked at his wife with a loving glare,

"...we decided after I could convince Nathalie, that I was really in love with her, to give this union a chance to develop and it did. We're both incredibly happy and arranged this dinner to tell you about it. Yet another thing has been revealed tonight and after my beautiful wife agreed to let you know about that too, I am more than glad to inform you that we're also about to have a baby!"