Parisian People

When after a couple of weeks not only Marinette's but also Nathalie's belly were very visible, especially now that summer was there and it was incredibly hot, causing the women to wear light and thin summer dresses, which revealed the bump underneath due to being rather tight, they waited every day for the first tabloids writing about that.

But they were lucky. Being four weeks further along than Nathalie and also a lot shorter, Marinette was the first to be called out by a passer by. To her personal annoyance it was none other than Chloe Bourgeois, her arch-nemesis back in school who walked past her and Adrien, and the very second she became aware of the protruding belly, she exclaimed.

"Adrien! Dupain-Cheng!"

Marinette groaned and felt her fiance squeeze her hand a little tighter.

"Chloe!" She greeted, hoping for her to continue her way.

"What do we have here? You two are having a baby? That's utterly..."

"Don't you even dare, Chloe!" Adrien said threateningly.

"Relax, Adrikins. I was about to say, utterly cute. Don't look at me like that. Both of you! Can't you even imagine that I have changed?"

"No!" The couple exclaimed in unison.

Chloe scoffed.

"Oh come on. I really did. I knew about your engagement and now I also know about your pregnancy. Do you see me shouting it to everyone or pulling out my phone to make an official post on my social media?"

"Okay, okay!" Marinette whispered soothingly. "We believe you. But please, let's not do this in the middle of the street, yeah? Why don't we go and have some tiny snack over there and while we do, you can tell us, what made you change so drastically. Okay?"

The blond young woman smiled at her kindly and agreed.

"Thank you for giving me a chance. That's more than I got from my family. Neither daddy nor Zoe were willing to even talk to me."

Chloe really looked hurt as she said that and Marinette being all hormonal and already full of motherly love and instincts, quickly laid an arm around her and said comfortingly.

"Don't think about them anymore. You still have us, right? You and Adrien have been friends for so long and despite our quarrels in school, before he was allowed to come to class, you were always there for him, right?"

Chloe's jaw dropped.

"Th-Thank you!" She gushed out hoarsely.

"Now spill, what happened to make you act like a normal human, Chloe!" Marinette pried as soon as they had placed their order.

The previous mayor's daughter sighed and pulled out her phone, showing them a picture in which were a group of children of all ages, from baby to teenagers. To their puzzled looks, she explained.

"Well, you knew how I was acting up all of the time, right? In the new school they didn't tolerate that and I got detention. Just that detentions didn't mean, I'd sit in class for a whole Saturday but instead we were brought to an orphanage and supposed to help them taking care of the smaller children, making contact with the ones our age, like helping them with their school work, inviting them to our homes, stuff like that. Imagine, me bringing a 'regular' kid with me to my mum, without treating them like dirt and instead trying to be friends."

Chloe laughed bitterly.

"Mum wasn't there most of the time anyway, she had decided to just hire some care service for elderly people, to bring me my meals, clean the flat and check on me twice a day. I never before felt so worthless. BUT... according to her absence I was able to bring home many of the kids. Sometimes even to spend the nights. When there were younger kids involved, usually one of the nurses or child-carers who worked there was on call in case of an emergency. But there never was one. It turned out that I had a talent to interact with children, even with the most difficult ones who had been through a lot of bad things."

She took the cup, the waitress had in the meantime placed in front of her and carefully drank a bit of the hot tea. Then she swiped through her pictures, showing them another one, in which a young man was to see.

"This was one of those kids, who had been through a lot. I won't tell you any details, even though I know all of them in their abomination. But back then, John, boring name I know, was the only one, who would neither talk nor come out of his room for more than the meals. So I made him my project. Long story short: After all my attempts to get him to speak failed, I was desperate. And then I did a couple of very drastic things. I, uhm, I knew that if I wasn't looking, he sometimes checked me out. So I, well, I went into his room, making sure that his roomies weren't there of course, and then I locked the door behind me."

"Oh my God, Chloe! Please tell me you didn't do something to the poor lad, like back in school with Kim!" Adrien exclaimed.

"Of course not! Didn't I just tell you that I for some reason have a talent with young people? I started to care for them and like them. I even liked spending time with the most annoying brats. But this boy, a handsome one on top of that, just ignored me. Beside the admiring me from afar. His words later on, not mine! Anyway, I locked the door and told him that this was his last chance to start talking or I would do something severe. He flinched but nothing more. And then I did what I had never done before. I drew blank. Completely."

"What?" Marinette and Adrien shouted at once.

Chloe snickered.

"You heard me right. I did that very slowly though. First my scarf, throwing it towards him, to make him react. Nothing. Then my shoes. He didn't care. Only when I started to open the first button of my blouse, he took a sharp breath and that ensured me that he was indeed watching. So I continued, unbuttoned the whole thing, then pulled it off of my shoulders like a stripper or something. And then I paused, turned my back to him, before I let the shirt fall to the floor. I stayed like this, while I opened my pants, and at this moment I heard him grunt and said 'so you are capable of making sounds'! I could see from the corner of my eyes that he was flustered and about to look away so I dropped my pants too. Then I said 'if you want me to continue, say anything'. He didn't. Then I asked him, while slowly turning around again, if he wanted me to stop and leave. No reaction. I mean, at this point I was in my bra and panties. But when I bent down to grab my shirt, he started to tremble. I asked him again, if he wanted me to leave and he shook his head. He reacted. For the first time in months, he had reacted to anyone. Moi!"

"Wow, what happened then? And how old were you at that moment?"

Chloe laughed.

"I was seventeen. And to the things, that happened, well..."

She scrolled through more pictures, until she found the one, she was looking for. It showed a young child about two years old.

"That's what happened. Not in this night, and not in the following nights. But soon after this evening in his bedroom, where I let him open my bra to expose myself completely, which made him finally aware that I wasn't going to hurt him, if I had enough trust to him, to do 'that'!"

"Holy shit, Chloe Bourgeois. Who would have thought!" Marinette exclaimed. "Where are they now? Did they come with you?"

The young woman shook her head.

"They're back in London. I've actually come here to ask my father for help, because John lost his job recently and I can't work at my job much longer either. So I was hoping he would help me out with some money or at least let us come here to stay at the hotel for a while. But he wouldn't even talk to me."

"But I will. Sorry for eavesdropping and following you. But I noticed something your father didn't. You're wearing regular, discounter clothes. Why don't you come home with me and we'll talk to him together?" Zoe who had been sitting with her back towards them at the next table, suggested.

"And if he won't help you, you can just come to the mansion and we will. My father and Nathalie got married and they're having a baby too. So they certainly can relate to the wish to keep your child safe."

"Children. That's why I can't work much longer." She placed a hand on her lower belly.

"So you, me and Nathalie will have babies around the same time? That's so amazing!" Marinette proclaimed, making the other guests in the bistro look at them before they started to excitedly whisper and pull out their phones.

"Crap!" Chloe gushed out. "Now I really am the reason that your pregnancies got revealed. I'm sorry."

"Don't. At some point the people of Paris would've found out anyway!"