A Goal For You

As your husband warmed up for the Chelsea game he would soon play in, you sat and observed. You were constantly concerned about him since this season, he hasn't played much of a starting role. Your husband caught your attention before your daughter's commotion. She was just two years old and was already complaining. Your daughter whined, "When does the game start?"As you stroked the curls on her head, you laughed. You told her, turning to search for your spouse, "In a minute."You grinned as Mason's eyes locked with yours and said, "Wave to Daddy!" Your child was waving his hand quickly at his father when Mason smiled and waved back. As they awaited the commencement of the game, the players stepped inside. The match would begin shortly after they emerged from the tunnel.

   They came out soon enough and the match started. Chelsea was in control after the kickoff and scored a goal within the first twenty minutes. You cheered as did your daughter as your husband, and his team scored. The first half ended and your son was occupied with the fruit slices you had pulled from your bag. 

The game resumed and Chelsea were soon up 2-0. Your husband was doing well as usual and had scored the second goal, which he dedicated to your son. You giggled as your son bounced on your knee with excitement. There were fifteen minutes of the game left.

In those last few minutes, the other team was able to equalise. Your daughter who was in giggles just a few minutes ago was now almost on the verge of tears." Are you okay sweetheart?" you asked checking up on her." No," she said in her sweet little voice," I never get to see daddy happy because they never win." "Oh darling, don't be sad your dad said he would make sure they win today," you said. "Really {she said with a little bit of hope in her eyes, "Yes, I'm sure he'll think of something my love," you said giving her a little squeeze.

Once you let go of her, you and both witness a beautiful last-minute goal when Mason kicked the ball onto the side post and bounced into the net. Both of you screamed as you guys jumped around cheerfully. You were happy not only at the fact that Mason scored an amazing last-minute winner but also at the fact that he made your little girl smile like he always does.