Sick Days

Wake up, baby. I got your medicine," Mason gently shook you awake with his strong hands. "I prepared vegetable soup," He said smiling. You awoke in your sleep as a result of his quiet words.You whined, "Want to sleep," and attempted to turn around and hide beneath the blankets from your partner."You must eat because your body needs fuel to combat the germs. That's what you usually tell me," he said in defence, using strong justifications that made you chuckle.

"Yeah," you groaned, sitting up and rubbing your weary eyes. Mason smiled at the sight of you since all you wore was a T-shirt you had stolen from his closet years before and never returned.

As soon as you settled into a comfortable position, he moved the tray into your lap and let it balance there. He had already set a tray with a bowl of hot soup, a glass of water, and the medication on the table near your bed. "Is it not poisoned?"He answered sarcastically with a short eye-roll, "Of course it is, it's full of rodent poisoning." 'Course It's not."You chuckled a little, then coughed a moment later from the pressure your laughter and speech had caused on your throat. On the other side of the bed, next to you, Mason sat down with a light grin.

We'll watch any movies you like for the remainder of the day when you finish the soup.

You immediately became excited after hearing Mason's comments and you got to work on the soup, which wasn't horrible after all. It was a highly herbal vegetable soup that was made with fresh vegetables. It was mouthwatering and comforting to the throat.

"Did your mum come over and help you make this, or did you make it yourself?"

He gave you a sly smile before rolling his eyes at your remark. "I made it myself mum gave me the recipe."You proudly raised your brows. " It's delicious, thanks."

"Gracias" 

He chuckled as he turned on the television without even trying to ask you which movie you wanted to see. He practically broke his promise to let you select the movies within a few seconds. 

When he grinned, you realized that you were too polite to be angry with him.

He made sure that you had finished the soup before collecting the tray and placing it away on the table where he had initially taken it from.

"Are you serious, Mase?"

Avatar The Way Of Way began to play in the background. "What, you love this movie," Mason said in his defence.

"We've seen the movie a million times, and I hate it when Neteyam dies."

"We've seen it seven times to be precise," Your boyfriend remarks to you. "Exactly."A chuckle escaped your lips as you face palmed. 

When Mason decided it would be a good idea to pull his ill girlfriend, you, closer to him and press his lips on yours when you were just about to make yourself comfortable.

You noticed his little grin as you swiftly withdrew from him. "Hey, hold it! You'll become sick!"

"Well, beautiful, it's worth it."Putting your head on his chest and allowing him to bring you closer to him with his arm over your back, you puffed softly while grinning.

Mase saw that your breathing had gotten noticeably slower and steadier around forty minutes into the movie, so he assumed that you had fallen asleep.

He switched off the TV using the remote before gently lifting you off of him so you could rest more comfortably on the bed.

"Mase," you quietly said.

"Shit, I'm sorry for waking you up, love."You grinned a little and felt the bed move. Your partner was laying close to you, looking across at you when you opened your eyes.

You grinned slightly, saying, "Don't worry, | never mind looking at your beautiful face," and he laughed. He then leaned down and gave you a delicate kiss, from which you just quickly drew away. You whined and amicably pouted at Mase, "Mase, you'll get sick."

He grinned broadly, softly caressing your hair, "I told you, it's worth it."

After a few minutes, Mason then coughed. The two of you burst out in laughter.