Chapter 7

"Tujhse jo thi lipti wo chadar,
mere bister ke kone me padi hai,
Teri khusboo abhi bhi hai usme,
Mujhe lagta ki ab bhi tu yhi hai,
Wahi kaafi hai,
Kuch Baaki hai

“Kiss me Manik”

The words escaped her before she could stop herself, her heated gaze dropping to his lips. She felt the grip of his hands tighten around her waist, her own hands going up to clench the lapels of his jacket. She could feel his hot breaths on her face, could feel the thumping of his chest beneath her hand. One of his hands reached up to loosen the knot in the back of her top, while the other found its way under the lace of her white crop top, earning a stifled gasp from her.

His eyes - glazed with fire, dropped to her lips as well, and before she knew he was kissing her and she was kissing him back. Her hands had climbed up into his hair instead and she tugged hard, the way she knew he liked it, and he moaned into her mouth, his hand falling down, kneading her arse, all this while walking backwards until his knees hit the bed and he fell on his back, Nandini above him.

She could feel his hands roaming over her back, completely opening the loosened knot in the back of her top. Her breath hitched when she felt his caress on her skin, the intensity of his eyes focused on her flushing her more. She leaned in, kissing one of his ear lobe, knowing it would drive him crazy. She could feel him hardening beneath her already. Nandini felt her lips curving up in a smirk but she started dropping feather kisses along his jaw, aware of his grip tightening on her back even though his eyes had fallen close. And then before she knew, Manik suddenly flipped her and she landed on her stomach, him over her.

She could feel her muscles clench when he he kissed the dip between her shoulder blades. A low moan escaped her throat when his hand fiddled with the zip in her skirt.

And then something crashed.

Nandini banged the back of her head repeatedly on the wall, sitting under the shower in the bathroom, hiding from everyone. What in the world was she thinking?

Right. She wasn't.

Nandini pulled her knees upto her chest and rested her head in the gap between them, wrapping her arms around her knees and started to softly sob.

She didn't know what was happening with her, but she hated it nonetheless. She had thrown this party out of pure impulsiveness and anger. She had meant to make it hard for Manik, and it had ended up being embarrassing for her instead. She had never been territorial and the last time she really felt possessive about Manik was around Inaya, years ago. She had never felt that around Alya, not in an almost decade. But today? The prospect of Manik kissing Alya even for a game had made her throw herself in front of Alya and almost instigate him to kiss her instead. And then she had savored the whole moment like rainfall after a long drought even if he had just kissed her on the forehead.

She hadn't told him, but that forehead kiss had also made her heart hurt like never before. It had brought all those emotions she kept pushing down to the surface - she had felt the burn under her skin, the itch so bad she had ended up in bed with him. It wasn't just the physical need overpowering her, it was also an intense emotional need to feel his love, feel something apart from this constant mind numbing pain she was living with. She had almost given in to that need, and she knew she would have slept with him if not for that loud noise jerking her out of that bubble.

The whole chain of events had now just left her drained though - not only was she physically aroused and hanging, she was also emotional strung so tight she had no clue how had she not collapsed yet. Her chest burned from all the feelings she wasn't ready for, but out of them all, there was one stark reminder that had brought her to her knees - it was the knowledge of how much she had missed Manik.