219 | Don't Hold Back

"FIRST WINNER...RANK 1, Busters," a voice announces, instantly making the entire stadium erupt in cheers. Everyone was just jumping for joy. Even the other students in the lower houses were cheering. But while everyone was ecstatic about the results, there was one particular man who did not celebrate with the rest. It was the president of J.S High himself, Janus Sinclaire.

     "As expected of the students on J.S High," Reverend Father, Lucas Ivory of St. George Academy (House of Bishops), says while he was watching the battle in his office.

     All the presidents of the lower houses were watching the battle in their offices. Janus, who was standing on stage, adjusted his earpiece as he listened to what the other presidents had to say.

     "Looks like I was right. You owe me fifty grand, Demetrius," Thomas Lionel of House of Pawns says with an excited tone in his voice.

     "That's practically cheating. Busters have always been a consistent number 1. I should have just given you the money instead of making a bet with you," Demetrius Beaumont of the House of Knights then explains, making the rest of the presidents laugh.

     "Viktor Stepanov. I remembered that kid a few years back when he proposed about the customs. I guess he was always destined for great things," Francis Beaumont then adds, remembering the time Viktor barged inside the Brotherhood Association and asked the council to approve of an idea that is now famously known as the Brotherhood Customs.

     But while the other presidents continued discussing the battle, Janus was still staring at the battle grounds. There was smoke everywhere, so he couldn't really tell what exactly was going on apart from the announcement that Viktor's brotherhood had won. But as the smoke finally cleared, a figure suddenly showed itself.

     Standing right behind Viktor was none other than the leader of PHD, Kim Hee-Joon. As soon as he was shown, Janus clenched his fist, and everyone in the stadium instantly became quiet.

     "Hey, isn't that Kim Hee-Joon of PHD?" Thomas Lionel suddenly asks. "Wait, what happened to his eyes? It's bleeding!"

      "Did someone shoot him in the face?" Francis then asks in shock. "Janus, call for medic immediately. Pause the battles."

     The entire stadium came to a sudden halt as they saw Joon's condition. Students were shouting to stop the games, claiming that someone shot at a body part that was prohibited, which would cause that brotherhood to be disqualified.

     "Who the fuck shot him?" Viktor asks with a low and quiet voice as he slowly turns his head to the Revels.

     The rest of the brotherhoods who were present immediately started backing away. But as Viktor was about to make a run for it, Killshot—who was also badly injured, looked at Cj and the others before shouting, "Hold him down!"

     Cj, Krist, and Siren immediately ran to Viktor to grab him, making sure they held onto him tight, or he might end up doing something that would disqualify them instead.

     "Throw him to the exit immediately," Hans then says.

     "Let go! I'm gonna kill that motherfucker!" Viktor continues to shout, trying to push the others away, but he can't because he's also badly injured himself.

     "You bastard! Exit the grounds now! If you engage in combat, you can get disqualified, and this would have been all for nothing. Take your revenge after we win. There's still time," Cj angrily tells Viktor.