I Do Not Care

You woke at day break smiling. You hopped off your tree with excitement in your eyes. You where promised a visitor today. You did not know his name but the boy will return today. You must make your tower look presentable.

You climbed down to the floor to grab a broomstick and started sweeping all of the fallen branches off the ground and out of a window. Once you had finished cleaning you ran to the fire-pit. It took you a while to light a fire because you had not used the pit in so long. The cold never bothered you , but perhaps your guest would grow cold. Plus you could cook eggs over the pit in case he came for breakfast.

You once more grabbed to the green vines and climbed to your tree. Once there you climbed up to the hole in the roof where the tree held a small birds nest. There was always eggs in that nest. You popped your head out the hole in roof and found 6 bright white eggs . You grabbed 4 not wanting to take all the baby birds away. You climbed back down and started constructing a small pan to cook the eggs with.

Once it was finished you started cooking the eggs and they where soon finished. you laid them down on a wooden table in the corner and took your seat and waited for the boy to return as he had promised.

Hours had passed , and the eggs had gone cold. You kept telling your self he would be back though. He had to be. Late morning passed into early evening and still no boy. You finally picked up the eggs and threw them out. They where no good anyway. The fire was no longer alive . You started to slowly climb your vines to your tree and layed down in your lonely tree bed. You let one single salty tear spill across your cheek.

How could you be so stupid? You actually thought somebody might want to be your friend. Why would he ? You where just a little monster. Hell even one of your purposes is torture and the other isolation. Who wants to be friends with a hermit that tortures?

More tears ran down your cheeks ,and soon your face was stained with salt water. However , after an hour or so you sat up and thought to your self, "Wait, why am I crying ? I knew this would happen . I should not care. I don't care. I don't care" You layed back down repeating your words out loud to comfort yourself and started to drift off into beloved sleep.