2.

Sasha
The little things always seem to mean the most to me, it's been that way for a while now. Like when Christopher traded me spots so that I wasn't walking by the road, or when he came over and opened the driver's door for me, even though it was awkward he still did it. It was really sweet and I appreciate it a lot, you don't really see chivalry anymore.

I glanced over at him as I slowed down for the red light I was approaching, and noticed he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

"Christopher, why aren't you wearing your seatbelt?" I questioned as he glanced down at where it should be.

"I don't know, it's been a long time since I rode in a car, usually I ride the bus and I guess I just forgot." He mumbled as his voice cracked, it was like his vocal cords weren't used to all this talking.

"Oh." Was all I felt comfortable with saying.

Driving down the lite up streets downtown, I smiled at all the people playing music and laughing with each other. I was touched by all the outside dinner tables and couples showing affection in public. I didn't think that PDA was wrong, I thought that it was actually the complete opposite. I believe that if someone truly loved you, they wouldn't even think twice about holding your hand, kissing you, or holding you in public. But that's just me, like I said, the little things mean the most to me.

I drove down an alleyway and came out next to the diner, pulling in to my parking spot as I stopped the car.

"You ready?" I asked as he got out of the car and motioned me to stay where I was, he walked around and opened my door, smiling as he reached his hand out for me to take. As I rested my hand in his, I noticed how cold his skin was, I squeezed his hand a little to warn it in the few seconds that I was holding it.

I wasn't going to say anything of course, when I said that my mother talked about him for like twenty minutes I wasn't lying. She went on about how much of a gentlemen he was and how much she felt sorry for him. I felt bad for him also, just by looking at him you can tell that he's homeless and doesn't have proper hygiene skills but there's something about him that makes me wanna help him. Hopefully I can.

I closed the door once I was on the concrete and started to walk as our hands seperated. His hand rested in the small of my back as he opened the diner doors for us. I walked in, thanking him in the process as I looked around for mother.

Noticing her big blue purse, I grabbed Christopher's arm dragging him behind me as we maneuvered around the tables and other guests. Scooting into the booth, Christopher sat beside me as mother glanced over her menu. Once she looked at Chris her eyes brightened and she sat the menu down.

"Christopher, so glad to see you. I see that you've met my daughter." She chimed as I shook my head.

"Yeah, I'm glad I was able to meet her. You have a very beautiful daughter Debra." I blushed, picking up my menu as I glanced over and smiled at him. He smiled but it soon went away once he showed his teeth. I could tell by the way he talked and smiled, that his teeth are an insecurity of his.

Dinner went really well and I'm glad that I met Christopher he was funny and optimistic even though he doesn't have a lot, he sees the best in everything.

I smiled at the sight of watching him eat, his body was so thin and he looked like he hadn't eaten a meal in weeks. Being able to buy him dinner made me feel good, he needs it and I got money so it's not that big of a deal anyways.

"Would you ladies like the usual for desert?" Our favorite waitress asked as I nodded,

"Yes, but we need three instead of two today." I smiled as she nodded before walking off.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom real quick." Christopher whispered in my direction, I nodded my head letting him know that I heard him and grabbed the check off the table as he slid out of the booth.

"I'm gonna go pay, mama."

"Okay baby."

Sliding out of the booth as I reach over and grabbed my wallet before heading towards the register.

"Hey Sasha."

"Hi Mark." I said dryly but tried not to sound rude.

"So when you gonna let me take you out on a date?" He asked leaning over grabbing my hand,

"We've been through this many times Mark, I'm sorry but I'm just not interested." I sighed trying to pull my hand away but he grabbed it again.

"Come on Sasha just one night, you known I ain't gone stop tell I get a date with you." I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand away from him.

"Come on Mark, you've been asking for a while now. I liked you in high school but the feelings aren't there anymore." I handed him the receipt and my card.

"The feelings can always come back Sasha, let me take you out tomorrow." I was about to respond when two skinny arms wrapped around my waist.

"You ready babe?" I heard Christopher's raspy voice say as he wrapped his arms tighter around me. I smiled and went along with his plan.

"Yeah baby, I'm coming." I said rubbing the top of his hand with mine, feeling his cold skin against mine was actually electrifying. You know that feeling you get when you take a bite of a peppermint patty or chew some really minty gum and it takes your breath away? That's how I was feeling.

Mark took my card and handed it back, not saying a word in the process. Grabbing the card from him, I smiled and turned as Chris rested his hand in the small of my back. I smiled at him when we reached our seat, and scooted in just in time for our shakes.

Once we had finished and said goodbye to my mother, we headed out to the car. I couldn't help but notice Christopher stealing glances of me as we walked.

He opened my door for me and crawled into the seat once he walked around. We sat there in silence for a second before his unsteady voice hit my ears.

"Look Sasha, about tonight, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable in anyway by doing what I did."

"Are you kidding me, Mark has been asking me to go on a date for about a year now and I think he finally got the memo. If anything I should be thanking you." He smiled and nodded,

"I just, I don't know, it seemed like the right thing to do. I had to repay you in some way for all that you've done for me." He said putting his seat belt on as I did the same.

"You don't have to repay me for anything Christopher, but thank you."

"No problem." He smiled and got comfortable in the seat.

I backed out of the parking lot and head back down the road.

"Where are you staying tonight?" I asked as I glanced over at him. He looked out the window and slowly glanced at me.

"I'm staying at the shelter on Smith St. It's down the room from the cleaners."

"Christopher that place is packed in the summer, you sure they got room for you this late at night?" He shook his head.

"Where do you stay if they don't have room?" He shrugged his shoulders like he was embarrassed.

"Christopher you can stay at my house."

"No, I don't wanna do that, you've already bought me dinner Sasha."

"Alrighty let's make a deal then, if they have room, you can stay there. But if they don't, you stay with me. Deal?"

"Okay." He sighed lowly as we pulled up to the shelter. He got out and grabbed his stuff as he closed the door and walked to the entrance.

I sat there waiting for a good five minutes, before I saw him walk back out. For some reason a smiled spread on my face when he walked out, I'm glad that he's staying with me. He needs a nice place to stay with a shower and food.

"You win." He said as he got in and closed the door.