Chapter 4

.⋆。⋆🪴˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Leon's eyes soon landed on the shutter that was slightly ajar. There was a cardboard sign taped on the door saying "Keep out". He couldn't help but begin to second question himself if he should go inside.
"That's where the police officer is...I can't give up now." He spoke softly to himself as he pulled the lever up, turning the color of the button from red to green. The shutter was slowly being lifted, which showed a huge pile of blood on the ground, causing Leon to hold onto his gun tighter. The shutter soon stopped opening, just enough for Leon to crawl under. He soon lay on his stomach, the blood from the ground staining his dark blue shirt and jacket with blood. He turned on his flashlight and began to scan the area around him, he soon crawled under and into the dark hallway. The only light, the light from his flashlight, not only was their blood on the ground but there was also blood splattered on the walls.
"You got this." He quietly spoke to himself, giving himself a pep-talk as he started to venture through the hallways. The hallways were even more cramped and messy than the lobby with tables and lockers blocking certain paths of the hallway. As he made his way to the break room he could hear someone screaming.
"OPEN UP! HURRY! OPEN UP!" It was the voice of the same police officer in the video, once Leon heard someone screaming he quickly made his way towards the door.
"OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!" Leon soon opened the wooden door to the room, another shutter closed and the police officer was on the other side of it.
"I'll get you out!" Leon shouted back towards the person on the other side, he soon lifted the shutter a little bit as an arm started to poke out from under the door.
"HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME!" The voice shouted in desperation.
"Give me your hand" Leon spoke as he held out his hand for the police officer. Leon started to pull the police officer's hand to pull him to safety. The officer spun around as he was on his back to grab Leon's other hand. Once Leon grabbed onto his hand, the officer screamed out in pain as blood splattered onto his uniform. He writhed in pain as Len desperately tried to pull him out from under the shutter, but the police officer was being pulled back in by a zombie. Soon Leon pulled him out from under the shutter but it was too late. The police officer's lower half was gone as his intentions were being dragged along with his body, leaving a thick blood trail.
"Oh my god...Jesus Christ" Leon spoke softly as he held onto the police officer's shoulders as he continued to scream and writhe in pain before eventually he stopped. Leon's eyes turned towards the shutter as the shutter started to be pushed as growling was heard on the other side. The black notebook was out of the police officer's hands as he picked it up and started to scan through it. He placed the notebook in his pocket, he knew he couldn't stay in this part of the police station. The only other way he could go was back to the lobby.

Many of the zombies screamed and growled as they tried to catch up to Leon, he would often look over his shoulder making sure no zombie was behind him. He soon reached the shutter where he first entered.

"Come on." He grunted in slight annoyance, he laid down again as he tried to crawl his way out of the hallway, trying to make the opening of the shutter larger by pushing his shoulders against it. He grunted slightly, turning his eyes toward the zombies that were slowly catching up with him. As he started to crawl his way out towards the lobby, he felt something grab onto his ankle, it was a zombie.

"Goddamit..." Leon cursed to himself, trying to kick the zombie off of his ankle. The zombie reached his undead hand out and grabbed onto his arm, leaving a bloody handprint on his jacket. Then another hand grabbed onto his arm to drag him away from the zombie before pushing the shutter down quickly, crushing the zombie's head as some blood splatter landed on Leon's face. He was met with a young woman around his age, having her light brown curly hair in a small messy ponytail with some strands around to frame her face. Her dark blue eyes met his ice blue eyes. Along with her was an older man his skin looking slightly pale from the loss of blood, in a police uniform, holding onto his side as he was bleeding through his light blue shirt.