𝟏𝟒. | '𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔'

When Andrew woke up the first thing he heard was the baby crying. He actually did nothing but cry for most of the night, as apparently he was running a pretty high fever. Even though he was already two years old, he managed to compete with a newborn.

"Buongiorno" (good morning) Andrew said to his sister who hadn't a very good look. Andrea was in her arms, still keeping cry.

"Fuck the good morning" she sighed. "The fever doesn't decrease and I haven't slept at all" Andrew walked towards her to take the baby in his arms.

"Come here honey" he kept crying as Andrew held him to his chest. "Oh, yeah, he's boiling hot" he kissed his forehead.

"Well, today I have another free day, so I'll be with him hoping he'll get better" Carina said as she layed on the couch.

"And Maya?" Andrew asked.

"She's been out all the night, I don't know when she'll back" Andrew nodded at her words, then he looked to the clock.

"It's late, I have to go" Andrew gave Andrea to Carina, before to take his jacket and left.

Meredith never left the hospital since yesterday, so she was very tired too. Everything she just needed was a damn coffee. She went to the hospital's cafeteria department and took her time to eat breakfast and clear her mind.

"Doctor Grey" a resident came in her table, probably she needed her for a case or something has happened.

"What's up Griffith?" she asked after she has finished her coffee.

"Doctor Marsh asked about you" when Meredith heard his name got up.

"Is he here?"

"Yeah, he's in the entrance" she sighed thinking a few seconds.

"Tell him I'm coming" the girl did what Meredith said.

She crossed her arms still standing up. Nick just gave her all she needed, space, and maybe now she was ready to face him. So she walked towards the entrance.

She saw him sat with a baby girl in his arms. She guessed she was her daughter. And she was... very cute...
That baby was totally innocent, she's done nothing, Meredith couldn't get angry because of her. Nick had a beautiful daughter. That's how it is now. No one can do anything against it.
As Meredith kept looking at him for a while, when Nick noticed her with his gaze she approached him. Nick got up, and after a few seconds they were one in front of the other.

"You look good" Nick said to make things look less embarrassing. Meredith gave him a little smile, not knowing what to add. After all it's him who came here.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't let her alone..." he referred to her daughter, who was quietly asleep.

"Oh, no, no, it's okay..." she calmed him. Deep down Meredith had noticed that something was wrong with him. He looked…lost. So she decided to get to the point. "So, what's up?"

"I know I've hurt you, I made you suffer, I've done a terrible thing, an unforgivable thing. The only good thing now is Jessica" he kissed her daughter's forehead. He closed his eyes like if he couldn't be able to continue the speech. "And now this baby is without a mother, she'll live with a pain she didn't deserve..." his voice broke in the end.
Meredith looked at him shocked. The woman he slept with, the mother of her daughter, she died. And he looked so sad and guilty. Well, indeed that adorable baby girl didn't deserve such a terrible thing.

"After the accident she was seriously injured... the doctors have done anything, everything I wanted was a beautiful life for Jessica, with her mother. But then she has reported serious brain damage... so we had to unplug her..." to those words Meredith didn't know what to say. It was breaking to hear. And the way Nick held her daughter, how his words showed he would do anything for her, that was what has hit her the most.

"You can hate me with all yourself, but I'm still so in love with you... and I'd like to have you with us..." Nick said looking into her eyes.

Meanwhile Andrew was just arrived at the hospital. He had noticed Meredith talking with the same man he had beaten. The discomfort he felt wasn't for the fact that Meredith was dating someone else. Everyone would has done it. But it was for that man in particular. The way he behaved didn't convince him. Meredith deserved so much better instead of a man who kept hurting her.

As much as his curiosity was assaulting him, he stopped to staring at them and went in to get ready and begin.

"So, how is Jane?" Andrew asked Jo, who was checking the baby. He was happy that everything had gone well. He particularly wanted her first case to be more than peaceful, and maybe today she would be discharged.

"She's stable, today her and his son can go home" both smiled at the baby boy in the cot.

Jo started to scroll her phone, like if she was waiting for a text or something else, and since her disappointed reaction it seemed that she hasn't received anything.

"Are you okay...?" Andrew asked her.

"Yeah, I'm... well tonight I was supposed to have a date..." she sighed. "But I didn't receive anything, so..." she looked frustrated.

"Call him," Andrew suggested. "Maybe he's just busy"

"No! I mean, if he was interested he would have taken a minute to text me! It's always me the one who tries to make or keep a relationship, and I just want to find someone who cares about me in the same, I'm pretty sure I'm a very good person to be with" she protested refering to him.

“Yes, you absolutely are” he humored her.

"Yet Alex left me, Jackson went to Boston and gave me his flat, and apparently Link and I are supposed to stay friends..."

"Wait, Link?" Andrew raised his eyebrows confused, remembering Jo and Link in the past. They were such good friends, he'd never think of them as a thing.

"The point is, I need someone who cares about me, I need to drive away the stress, I need to have sex!" maybe the neonatal ward wasn't the right place to talk about it. "God I've been alone for too much time" she said at the end.

Andrew looked down smiling for a moment, then focused back on her.

"If this can comfort you, I haven't had sex since five years and a half" Jo stared at him not knowing what to add.

"I'm so sorry, I'm a terrible person-" she said.

"No, you aren't" Andrew smiled at her as he walked towards the exit to go to Jane.

"But thanks, it's comforting after all" she said making them both laugh.

A/n: Hey!! So, I'm having an exam in a week, yeah anxiety will kill me, but when this will end I'll be more active here and my summer will can finally begin :)
Always hoping my chapters are appreciated, have a great time 💜