𝟏𝟕. | '𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡'

Meredith's pov

His lips were still on mine, making the kiss more intense by moving them into closer contact and allowing his tongue to meet mine.
His kisses are still so good, and I hate that they still have the same effect on me.
When he pulls away from me it's so gently that I don't even notice it. I open my eyes and immediately meet his. He looks at me without saying anything but I can perfectly see a small smile on his face.
Instead I don't even know what to think, right now I just know that I wish he would kiss me again, as if I just needed to make up for every minute I lost without him by my side.

"I'm not going with Nick" my mind reacts on impulse spitting out this sentence. His gaze intensifies on mine, I think he just heard what he wanted to hear from me, but he also needs me to explain the situation.

"I'm not sure this is the best choise for me, I'm afraid that this could make me fall again... and I just don't want it" I can't take my eyes off his, in a certain sense if I keep looking at him I can almost feel safe, and it's pleasant.

He approaches again, putting a hand through my hair. This time we both come together to start over what we left off before. The kiss resumes the same intensity as before, and all those emotions begin to blossom again.
Then his phone starts ringing. I didn't want him to stop, I had just found him so I held him closer to me and for a while he humored me. But that damned phone hasn't stopped ringing.

"I'm sorry" he says when he pulls away from me.

"It's okay" I said. I mean, it wasn't okay but maybe it was an important call.

"Carina" he replied. I saw his face change immediately as he heard her talking. "What happened?" he asked.

I was so confused and worried at the same time. I approached him to try to understand something.

"Fuck, no" I heard him mumble as he put a hand on his forehead. "Where are you?" he then asked. "Okay, I'm coming" he put the phone away and headed down the hall.

"Andrew!" I called him. "What's happening?" I asked.

"It's Maya" he replied with the clear worry in his eyes. He looked at me before he disappeared.

I stand there thinking on how should I deal my day today. Everyday something happens that never stops surprising me.

Narrator's pov

Andrew ran as fast as possible to reach the e.r, where Maya was on a bed unconscious and with her upper right side almost completely burned. Carina couldn't hold her tears as lots of doctors were on Maya's room. Andrew approached her sister and hugged her, holding her in a comforting way.

"She's strong, you know" he said to her softly.

"I know, but..." she was still scared, talking was difficult.

"It's everything okay" he kept holding her.

"I'm so grateful you're here, I don't know what would I do whithout you" she said pulling away to dry her tears. He smiled at her.

"I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere" Carina leaned her head on her brother's shoulder, as the doctors decided to bring Maya on surgery. "Now let's just sit, okay?" he asked with a calm tone to his sister, who nodded.

The spent almost the whole time waiting for some good news, the time seemed so longer that it actually was.
Meredith had just finished a surgery, and she noticed them when she went to inform the family. She walked towards them.

"Any news?" she asked.

"Not yet" Andrew replied.

Meredith sat next to them, at that moment what was happening with Andrew didn't care. Even the two couldn't help to look at each other for a few seconds in different moments.
Right when they seemed to have lost all the patience, Owen approached them.

"She's okay, the burns are pretty bad, but she's just going to have to stay here for a while" Carina and the other two's faces filled with immense relief.

"Can I see her?" Carina asked happily.

"Sure" Owen walked Carina to Maya's room, Andrew would leave her for a minute before joining her.

"Luckily everything is okay" Meredith sighed.

"Yeah" she and Andrew just stood there for a moment longer.

"Now... I should go back to work" she said. He nodded smiling, and keeping his gaze to her as she walked away.

This had been their last conversation until the evening, during the day they hadn't had any other way to interact, so they just continued to work on their own.

Andrew greeted Carina one last time before going home, she would be spending the night there to keep Maya company, who was now awake and better.
He made his way towards the hospital exit, where outside he found Meredith sitting on a bench not far away. He smiled at the sight of her and decided to approach.

"Hey" he caught her attention and sat next to her.

"Oh hey" she smiled too. "You're going home?"

"Yeah, but I think I'll take a moment to enjoy this peaceful moment" Andrew answered by looking around and then returning to focus on her.

"Yes, it's much better here at this hour" Meredith did the same, causing one of those moments again between them. Hard to explain, but the two seemed to find comfort.

"So... this morning..." Meredith began.

“This morning…” he just moved closer to her, thinking about the facts. That moment has been pestering them all day. He gave her one of his sweetest smiles as they continued to stare at each other. He put a hand through her hair, bringing her face to his and making their lips intertwine again. It was like if she gave him a cue to pick up where they left off, just a little more intensely.

They both needed each other's presence, it was even hard to believe that they had been apart for so long.

"Meredith..." what brought them back to reality interrupting everything again was their only obstacle. Nick.

She looked at him not even knowing where to start. She had no fears or insecurities, she knew what she wanted. It's just that she didn't even have time to rework everything.
Maybe it wasn't their time yet...

A/n: I'm back loves, just hope this is good and to not have left my brain on holiday 🤭💜