✧2✧

~ Regulus manages to gather all of Voldemort's horocruxes and destroyed them. (he doesn't die in the cave) It's the day of Draco's 11th birthday and he receives his Hogwarts letter while having birthday breakfast with his parents, grandfather, godmother and uncle. ~

The birthday of the youngest member of the Black family was a rather important event. Every year on June 5th his parents would go all the way out and decorate their home for the young boy's birthday.

This year, since Draco Black would receive his Hogwarts letter, Evangeline and Regulus Black decided to decorate their home, 18 Grimmauld Place, accordingly. There were decorations everywhere in the colours of the four Hogwarts houses. His parents wanted to show young Draco Black that no matter what house he was sorted into, they would be happy.

There was also a bet going on between Evangeline, Regulus, Regulus' brother, Sirius, and their cousin, Narcissa. Evangeline strongly believed that her boy would be a Slytherin, while his father believed he would be sorted into Ravenclaw. Sirius believed that his nephew would be sorted into Gryffindor, just like his uncle and namesake, while Narcissa believed that her godson would be sorted into Hufflepuff.

The Black family, consisting of Eva, Regulus, Draco, Orion, Sirius, and Narcissa, had gathered in the dining room at 18 Grimmauld Place to celebrate Draco's birthday like they did every year. As they were eating their breakfast and discussing about what had been going on in their lives, an owl flies into the room, dropping a letter addressed to Mr. Draco Sirius Black.

'It came!' Draco exclaimed excitedly. 'Mum, dad, look! It's my Hogwarts letter!'

Evangeline and Regulus smiled at their son, watching the boy as he excitedly opened his letter.

'Dear Mr. Black. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress,' Draco read the letter to everyone at the table. 'Will you owl tonight, dad?' he asked his father excitedly.

'I will, my star,' Regulus assured his son, smiling proudly at his boy.

'Oh, mum, can you take the day off from work when we go to Diagon Alley? I want you to be there when we shop for my school supplies,' Draco asked his mother.

'I will tell my boss that I need to take the day off as soon as tomorrow,' Eva answered, smiling at her little boy who now was all grown up.

'Blimey, boy, you will give Minnie a hard time,' Sirius laughed. Sirius could recall perfectly his Hogwarts years and how much of a troublemaker he was. He used to get on Professor McGonagall's nerves pretty often. And seeing how much Draco resembled him, he was sure that McGonagall wondered if young Draco would be like his father or like his uncle.

'I'm going to Hogwarts to study, Uncle Padfoot, not to wrack havoc on the place,' Draco pointed out.

Regulus and Eva let out a breath they didn't even know they were holding in, happy that Draco would steer clear of his troublemaking ways.

'Will you mind if I won't be sorted into Slytherin?' Draco asked his family, his smile dropping.

'Draco, dear, your Uncle Sirius here was sorted into Gryffindor and he turned out just fine. Nobody is going to be angry with you if you don't get sorted into Slytherin,' Narcissa assured her godson.

'Plus, it would be better this way, my boy,' his grandfather, Orion, added. 'I always believe you would be sorted into Ravenclaw.'

The days flew by and September 1st finally came. At 18 Grimmauld Place, chaos appeared as soon as the family woke up. Eva and Draco were packing some last-minute items into Draco's luggage while Regulus was making breakfast for his beloved family. They ate quickly before heading to King's Cross Station where they headed for platform 9 3/4. It seemed abnormal for young Draco how a platform numbered 9 3/4 existed, but Regulus assured his son that it was in fact real.

'I'm going to miss you,' Draco told his parents.

'Oh, my star,' Eva pulled her son into a hug. Draco shyly hugged his mother back, burying his face into her hair. 'We are going to miss you too, love, but you can write to us any time you want.'

'And you'll see us for Christmas break. I heard your mother has some plans for us,' Regulus told his son.

When they arrived back home, Regulus and Eva found the house too quiet without their darling boy running around, screaming at the top of his lungs for his mother to help him with his school work, playing with his toys everywhere and leaving them everywhere. The two sat quietly in the drawing room, enjoying a glass of wine when an owl arrived, dropping off a letter for them.

'Dear mum and dad,

Hogwarts is truly spectacular! I already love it here and I've been here for a mere few hours.

I was sorted into Ravenclaw! I know it's not Slytherin, but I really like it here. We're also very close to the Astronomy tower and I plan on sneaking there to observe the constellations at night. My dormmates are friendly and I'm sure we will get along.

I can't wait to see how the next seven years of my life will look like while I'm here, but I'm sure they will be the best years of my life.

I can't wait to see you at Christmas and I can't wait to tell you more about my adventures at school!

Love,

Your dear son

-D.S.B'