✧7✧

Requested by Ann_xxx

~ Draco and Sirius spend the day together, and Harry gets jealous that Draco might steal Sirius from him. ~

Christmas had been eventful for the Blacks. With Evangeline's family joining them for the holidays, Draco finally felt like he had a place where he belonged. He found a sense of family that he had desperately been looking for his whole life. He loved Narcissa as if one would love their mother and appreciated what he did for him. To him, Evangeline, Sirius and Narcissa, along with his grandmother, Adalyn, were the closest thing he had ever had to a family.

Draco was sitting in his bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place, reading a book, when his uncle made his way into the room.

'So, I was thinking we could spend the day together,' Sirius suggested to his nephew as he sat on the boy's bed. 'We never got around to doing much of that during summer seeing, as I was busy with the Order, but today I made sure I had all the time in the world to spend with my nephew.'

Draco closed the book he was reading and set it down on the nightstand beside his bed. 'I would love to spend the day with you, Uncle Padfoot,' Draco found himself smiling at the idea of spending time with his uncle. After all, Sirius was the second closest thing Draco had to his father, and he was dying to know about his father from his uncle's perspective.

'Then I will see you in the drawing room,' Sirius said, standing up from the bed and making his way out of what used to be his bedroom.

Draco put on a pair of shoes before running to his mother's bedroom, knocking on the door before making his way in. 'Mum, would you mind if I spend the day with Uncle Padfoot?' the boy asked his mother.

'Of course not, my little star,' Evangeline smiled at her son. 'Have fun with your uncle, and do not cause too much trouble, please.'

Draco ran excitedly out of the room and down the stairs, into the drawing room where he saw his uncle sitting on one of the armchairs that faced the fireplace, a book on the coffee table in front of him. Draco walked in and sat on the armchair next to his uncle's. 'Could I ask you a few questions about dad?' Draco asked his uncle.

'Sure, my boy! Ask anything you want to know about Reggie,' Sirius laughed.

'Well, what was he like when he was younger?' Draco asked his uncle, which made Sirius smile, remembering his brother.

'We were very close growing up,' Sirius recalled. 'We would sometimes hide together from our parents when they would start to argue. I remember most of the times we would hide under the bed in what is now your bedroom, and I would assure Reggie that once I grew up, I would make sure he would not have to endure any more of our parents' bickering,' he told his nephew. 'He was also incredibly smart. He was like a sponge when it came to knowledge. I always was a bit jealous of him for that,' Sirius laughed. 'But, he was also brave and determined. After I left, for the longest time I judged him wrong. He was just a messed up kid from a messed up family who was left behind by the only person who cared for him.' The expression on Sirius' face saddened as he was talking. 'I always felt guilty for leaving him behind,' Sirius sighed.

'I do not think he blames you for that,' Draco told his uncle. 'I think he was happy you got out of all of the blood purity nonsense,' he added.

Sirius looked at his nephew for a moment, not speaking. He was taking in how much Draco resembled Regulus. The boy might have been a carbon copy of his sister-in-law, but his way of thinking and his behaviour, his kindness and selflessness were qualities the boy got from his little brother.

The uncle and nephew pair kept discussing in the drawing room. They talked about everything, from school to Quidditch, to how much Draco disliked how Lucius Malfoy influenced him during his younger years. Unknown to them was that a certain boy named Harry was eavesdropping on their conversation, thinking about how he was losing his godfather.

Harry angrily walked to the bedroom which he shared with his best friend, finding Ron and Hermione sitting together, discussing something that they stopped talking about as soon as Harry entered the room.

'Hey, Harry? What's wrong?' Ron asked his best friend. 

'That washed-out blonde ferret walks into this place and thinks that he could just raise in Sirius' eyes,' Harry exclaimed angrily. 'He thinks that everyone will buy his facade but he is bloody wrong. He is the same snake we have known all these years!'

'It seems to me that you are just jealous,' Hermione pointed out. 'But you have nothing to be jealous about. I believe that Sirius cares about you two equally. You should not just ask him to not care for his nephew. He lost his brother, he has the right to get to know his nephew,' the girl explained.

'But this is so wrong!' Harry emphasised. 'I mean, Draco Malfoy being one of the good ones is hard to believe. He is a bloody Slytherin. All the evil ones end up there!'

'Do you forget that the Sorting Hat wanted to place you in Slytherin?' Hermione asked his best friend, the words taking Harry aback. 'That is right. You should not just judge someone based on what house they are in, especially since you were almost sorted into that house. So grow up Harry and stop acting like a petty child and accept the fact that Sirius has other family members beside you, otherwise, you might lose him.'