✧4✧

~ CONTINUATION OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER! Draco goes to Hogwarts and discovers who he truly is. ~

After a long plane ride and a couple of days spent in London, discovering the place where his parents met, it was time for Draco Sirius Black to board the Hogwarts Express from platform 9 3/4 from King's Cross Station. The platform was filled with children of his age and older who would soon be going to Hogwarts with him.

Draco was excited to go to the same school his father went to, and Evangeline, even though she was still a little fearful, was happy for her son.

'You've got everything you need, right?' Evangeline asked her son.

'Yes, mom, I've got everything,' Draco assured his mother. 'And if I forgot something, you can either send it to me or I will grab it with me once I go back to school from winter break.'

Evangeline could see how excited and scared her son was. 'Remember, you are Draco Sirius Black, you are the most talented young boy I have ever seen,' Eva said.

'But what if I won't make any friends?' the 11-year-old asked his mother.

'Oh, I'm sure you will make tons of friends. Who knows, maybe you will find your best friend to be in the same house as you or any other house,' Evangeline assured the young boy. 'You are a Black, and we, Blacks, are rather popular people among our peers.'

Draco laughed at his mother's words before hugging her. Then the young boy proceeded to make his way on the Hogwarts Express, looking for a place to sit. He walked alone down the corridor until he saw a boy who looked his age sitting alone.

'Hey! May I sit here?' Draco asked.

'Sure!' the boy responded.

Draco walked into the compartment and sat on the seat opposite the one the boy was sitting on. 'I'm Draco Black,' he introduced himself.

'Oh, I'm Harry, Harry Potter,' the boy said.

'It's nice to meet you, Harry,' Draco said politely. 'Are you a First Year, too?' he asked.

Harry seemed shocked by the boy sitting in front of him but quickly brushed it off and answered his question. 'Yes,' he replied shortly. 'You are not from around here, are you?' he then asked.

'No,' Draco answered, shaking his head. 'Although I was born in London, I grew up in New York,' he explained. 'Why are you asking? Does my accent give it away that much?'

'Oh, no, I just got a feeling you're not from here.'

A few moments later, the door of the compartment slides open and a red-headed boy appeared. 'Mind? Everywhere else is full,' the boy asked Harry and Draco.

'Not at all,' Harry answered, and the boy made his way in.

'I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley,' the boy introduced himself as he sat down next to Draco.

'I'm Harry, Harry Potter, and this Draco Black,' Harry said.

Ron's mouth opened in shock. 'So-so it's true! I mean, do you really have the... the...?'

'The what?' Draco asked, not understanding what was going on.

'The scar?' Ron whispered.

'Oh,' Harry said, lifting up his hair bangs to reveal the scar on his forehead.

'Wicked!' Ron exclaimed. 'And you're a Black? I thought your lot was going extinct. I've never heard about you,' Ron told Draco.

'Oh, I grew up in New York,' Draco explained.

A few moments later, a woman came down the corridor, pushing a trolley of sweets. 'Anything off the trolley, dears?' she asked the three boys.

'No, thanks. I'm all set,' Ron said, holding up his mushed sandwiches.

'We'll take the lot,' Harry said, pulling out a coin and handing it to the old lady.

After eating some sweets, more than they could stomach, and meeting a girl named Hermione Granger, the three arrived at Hogwarts Station at nighttime where they embarked on boats in order to get to the castle. The first-year students walked into the castle and up the staircase where a woman was waiting to greet the young students.

'Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup,' the woman explained to the group of young children.

After a while, they are led through two large doors which went to the Great Hall, where there were four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appeared to be the sky.

'It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History,' Draco heard the girl he met on the train, Hermione, say.

The woman led the First Years to the front where the Sorting Hat layed on a stool. 'All right, will you wait along here, please?' she asked the children. 'Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words.'

The man, Professor Dumbledore rose from the main table. 'I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch,' he said, showing a ragged old man with his cat with red eyes, 'has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.' Professor Dumbledore sits back down.

'When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses,' the woman informed the group of First Years.

After a few students were sorted, Draco heard his name being called. He walked towards the stool and sat down as the hat was placed on his head.

'Ah, interesting, very interesting,' Draco heard the hat say. 'Ambitious and smart, just like your father, but brave and selfless, just like your uncle,' the hat added. 'But where shall I sort you? In Slytherin, you will follow in your father's footsteps, but in Gryffindor, you will thrive just like your uncle did,' the hat said. 'I could also put you in Ravenclaw, seeing as how smart you are, young boy.'

'I wanna be just like my dad,' Draco said.

'Very well then,' the hat said. 'Better be, Slytherin!' the hat announced.

The woman took the Sorting Hat off of Draco's head and the young boy walked to the table that the woman indicated to him, where everyone wore a robe with emerald green accents.