The Hunt Is On

"Whoa Spirit!" Lucky shouts as everyone stops at the first location.

"We'll need two strong sturdy branches for our scarecrow stakes." Pru says as everyone gets off their horses.

"Hey! You already have two branches!" Abigail says seeing Snips picking up a bunch of branches.

"How exactly is that fair?" Alexis asks annoyedly.

"Ugh! They're taking the rest just to be jerks!" Pru says annoyedly.

"Just like Ol' Jack's thieving crows. Good interpretation of the story." Turo says.

"Your tiny little lady arms probably couldn't lift the branches anyway." Julian says as he walks by with some branches.

"Gee. If only we had enough brains to figure out another way. Alexis?" Lucky asks.

"No problem Lucky. Stay with Mericela girl." Alexis says as Amber neighs before Alexis gets off her and shifts to wolf form before climbing the tree.

"Awesome Alexis. You are getting very good at climbing trees like that." Javier says as he smiles.

"I've been practicing. Catch Lucky." Alexis says as she drops some branches down to Lucky.

"Come on Jay! We're done here." Julian says before Javier rides off with him and Snips.

*Timeskip*

"Over here. Spirit and Amber found a great place to put our scarecrow." Lucky says as the girls go over to Spirit and Amber and begin building the scarecrow with the pieces they have.

"Hope you ladies don't break a nail by raking the yard for me." Julian says.

"Hope you don't mess up your hair while mucking out the barn for me." Pru says.

"Make haste hunters. Your scarecrows may have bones but they still need guts. The hay for your stuffing is guarded by a fierce warrior. So to get it you need to make an offering. Your soul perhaps? Or you know? Something nice to eat." Turo says as he leaves.

"The boys are getting ahead of us." Abigail says as the boys leave.

"Not for long. You guys go and get the scarecrow stuff. I've got a plan to delay the boys." Pru says as she rides off.

"I know just where to get a treat for Junipero. Come on." Abigail says.

"And while you guys do that Mericela and I'll scout ahead to the next location and meet you there." Alexis says as she and Mericela ride off.

*Timeskip*

"So you're certain you don't wish to talk about this? I really do think he likes you." Mericela says as she and alexis are waiting outside Turo's barn.

"No Mericela." Alexis says.

"Guys we got it." A voice says revealing to be Lucky and Abigail as they run over with a carrot.

"Great. Come on." Mericela says as the group goes inside the barn where Turo and Junipero are.

"Approach and make your offering." Turo says as Lucky hands Mericela the carrot.

"Alright Mericela. Hand Junipero the carrot and let's get our hay. What are you doing?" Lucky asks as the group sees Mericela give the carrot to Boomerang.

"Oh Boomerang!" Abigail says annoyedly.

"Is this not the right animal?" Mericela asks.

"Unfortunately no." Alexis says.

"I get all these things mixed up." Mericela says.

"Ugh. We gotta go back and get more." Lucky says as the group runs outside and sees the boys with a bunch of apples.

"Hola chicas. Need an apple for Junipero?" Javier asks as he holds out an apple only for Julian to take it and bite into it.

"Go ahead. It's okay to admit you need help from a boy." Julian says as he smiles.

"We don't need your help. We're doing great. In fact why don't we raise the bet?" Lucky asks as she smiles.

"Raise the bet?" Alexis asks as she looks at Lucky.

"What? You want to do my chores for a whole week?" Julian asks.

"Let's make it really interesting. Losers have to kiss Senor Carrots." Lucky says as she looks at Senor Carrots.

"What?" Alexis and Abigail ask in disbelief as they look at Lucky.

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing." Snips says as he hugs Senor Carrots.

"What do you say Julian?" Lucky asks.

"You're on." Julian says as he and the boys go inside.

"Lucky there's no way I'm kissing Senor Carrots. You can't imagine the things Snips feeds him." Abigail says.

"Yeah. No go for me too." Alexis says.

"What if we catch some sort of pox?" Mericela asks worriedly.

"Don't worry. We're not going to lose. But we are losing so we'd better split up. I'll head to the schoolhouse to get a crow." Lucky says.

"Alexis and I'll go back and get another offering for Junipero." Abigail says as Alexis nods.

"Great! And look for Pru's dad while you're there. Turo said we need a bandanna from him too." Lucky says.

"And I'll keep a close eye on Julian. You know... for the team." Mericela says before Lucky pulls her with her while Alexis goes with Abigail.