3

Harry runs his hands through Marcel's curls a few times, trying to calm the hair down a little bit. He waits for Niall to finish grabbing a plate of nachos.

Harry knows that Niall doesn't like crowds, and he doesn't like crowds. That's why they're such good friends. Well maybe that's not exactly why, but it helps.

Niall steps beside Harry, munching on the cheesy chips. He hands one to Marcel as they start walking toward the bleachers. Marcel licks at the cheese on his fingers as his other hand is in Harry's hand.

"You have any napkins, Niall?" Harry asks with a grimace as he watches his son.

Niall nods, handing a small stack to Harry. Harry stops walking to dab at Marcel's face with the napkins. Niall stops too, turning to watch them.

"You're glasses are sideways, Marcy." Niall tells the boy. Marcel reaches up to adjust his large-framed glasses. "You gotta look your best for Louis Tomlinson, ay? Even got his jersey on!"

Marcel jumps up and down, knocking Harry's hands away. "Louis Tominson!"

"Aw, he always says it so cute!" Niall coos, staring at the boy as Harry throws away the napkins. "Now, come on, Marcy! We gotta go get the best seats!"

Harry follows as Marcel and Niall skip off to the bleachers. Niall wears his plain Rovers jersey as Marcel wears his Tomlinson jersey.

Louis breathes in deeply as he stands on the field. The fans scream his name. He loves it, he really does. But he wishes he had someone there for him. Not for his team, not for his skill. But for him.

Liam and Zayn are on either sides of him, ready for the game to start. Louis glances at both of them, knowing that after this game, he'll get to go back home with the same feeling he gets after every game.
Despair.

How is Louis supposed to feel inspired to win a game when he has no one to celebrate with afterward?

And so the game goes on. Louis scores a goal. The crowd screams his name.

Marcel squeals as Louis Tomlinson scores a goal. Harry smiles down at the boy's excitement.

Easily, the Rovers win.
The team celebrates on the field.
Niall and Marcel celebrate in the bleachers.

Harry holds Marcel's hand as they make their way through the crowd of exiting people. Niall goes in front of them, a smile on his face at the win.

Niall turns around, staring down at his phone. "Hey," He says, "I gotta take this call. I'll be right back." Niall hurries off to find a quieter place.

Harry watches as he goes, taking his eyes off of Marcel for only a moment. The crowd pushes past him, bumping his shoulder as they all try to get out of the stadium. In a second, Harry notices that his hand is empty.

Marcel's gone.

"Marcel?" Harry calls out, looking toward where the boy was standing. "Marcel! Marcel!"

Louis stands underneath the bleachers, watching as the crowd goes by. He steps out a little, getting ready to go to the locker room to change out of his uniform. But then a voice catches his attention, a voice he picks out over the crowd.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

Louis looks around, hearing the panic in the little voice. He steps out into the crowd, lucky that nobody is paying too much attention so they don't crowd him.

"Daddy!"

Louis spots a small boy, a head of brown curls and big glasses hanging off his nose. Louis makes his way to the boy, smiling as he notices the name on the back of his jersey.