11

Liam and Zayn try to pull apart a croissant with each of their forks stuck in it. Louis watches as he sips his tea, his eyes full of amusement.

Zayn finally shoves Liam and yanks hard on the croissant. Liam catches himself from falling off his chair, glaring at Zayn. Zayn stuffs his face with the croissant, giving Liam a teasing grin.

Liam turns back to Louis, ignoring Zayn's chewing in his ear. "Anyway," Liam says, "How are you and Harry doing?"

Louis can't help the grin that spreads on his face. He blushes and tries to keep from giggling like a child. Liam and Zayn smile too, feeling pride for their best mate.

"He's perfect." Louis states, "We're perfect. Everything's great with us."

"Details?" Zayn asks, giving an encouraging grin.

Louis laughs and shrugs, "I don't know! I mean, we've been together for a few months now. But it feels like we've known each other forever."

"You two fuck yet?" Zayn deadpans, raising a dramatic eyebrow. Liam elbows him and gives him a disapproving head shake. "What? It's what everyone's wondering!"

Louis rolls his eyes, the blushing grin coming back. "I've told you not to ask that... But we did!" Louis' smile forces one onto Zayn and Liam's face, spreading joy by his happy mood. "A week ago, after the game."

"And?" Liam questions, seeing that Louis didn't mind talking about it.

"It was amazing! He's amazing! Mates, I love him. I really love him. That night was perfect, I'll never forget it." Zayn and Liam coo, admiring the joy on Louis' face. Louis reaches for his tea, holding it up to his mouth as he sips from the cup. As the liquid goes down his throat, something crosses Louis' mind. He spits out the tea in his mouth, soaking the table. "Oh my god... We forgot a condom."

Liam and Zayn stay silent in shock as they watch Louis suddenly sprint out of the café. They glance at each other, then back at Louis as he runs down the sidewalk.

"Harry! Harry! Harry! Are you home?" Louis calls as he bangs on Harry's door. "Haaarrrry!" He drawls out, his fist hitting the door.

Harry swings open the door, his wide eyes staring into Louis' soul. "What?" He shouts desperately.

"I was at brunch with Zayn and Liam when I remembered that-"

"We forgot a condom?" Harry asks, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes!"

"Yeah, I know, Louis. I remembered a few days ago."

"And you didn't tell me?"

Harry sighs, "Louis, I'm the one that'll have to deal with the consequences if there are any." Harry grabs the door, his frown obvious. He goes to close the door, murmuring, "You don't have to worry about it."

Louis grabs the door, keeping it from closing. "Woah, what? What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?"

"I'd just rather do it now before you do it when I show you a positive test."

Louis stops. Everything stops.
Harry's breaking up with me because he thinks that I would hate him because of my own mistake? Louis thinks in shock, trying to keep from getting emotional.

"Haz," Louis cringes at his voice crack. "I love you! We don't know the consequences of what happened. But no matter what happens, I'll always love you. You're the perfect man for me, baby. Nothing could stop me from loving and caring about you."

"But-"

"But what? Your ex broke up with you because he was a fucking idiot that knew he didn't deserve you!" Louis exclaims, "You're the most perfect person I've ever seen. I'd kill to stay with you for the rest of my life, Harry. I love you and your perfect family. I love being with you and Marcel and I don't know how I'm supposed to get that through to you! I love you! And I want you! I want to be apart of your family, no matter what size it is!"

Harry holds his arms around himself, hugging his own body. He shakes his head, biting his lip so he doesn't release a sob. "I-I..." He whispers, "I love you, too."

Louis smiles, stepping forward to rub Harry's arms. "Baby, I love you so much more than you know. You complete me, Haz." He leans forward, pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead. "Let's just live life and worry about the future when the future comes."

Harry smiles back, looking up to Louis' face. He puts his hands on Louis' hips, rubbing the fabric between his fingers. "Lou, you're perfect. You're the best thing that ever happened to Marcel and I."

Louis pulls Harry into a hug, wrapping his arms around Harry's shoulders. Harry squeezes around Louis' waist, resting his face in Louis' neck.

And that's how they stay for almost half an hour. At least until Marcel toddles into the living room of the apartment and squeals when he sees Louis in the doorway.

The rest of the day is spent with the three of them on the couch, Louis telling stories of his greatest goals to Marcel as Marcel claps in excitement on Harry's lap.