Dancing with The Don

I stood by the hotel door waiting for Alyssa to walk out of our bedroom after my assists helped her get ready for the ball. I heard her heels click against the marble flooring and looked up at her. She gave me a shy, soft smile as she walked towards me looking like a goddess in her dress. She walked up to me and looked up into my eyes waiting for me to do something. Do something, you idiot! 

"You look absolutely breathtaking" 

"You clean up quite good yourself, sir" She had a teasing tone in her voice while she said 'sir', while all I was thinking about was bending her over while she said it. I cleared my throat and looked down at her innocent face to concentrate on making it on time. 

"Shall we?" I opened the door for her and shut it behind us before we walked out to the car. I opened her door and then climbed into the driver's seat. I parked and walked her through the door watching as her eyes lit up as she scanned the whole scene. I noticed everyone's heads turn and watched what they were all staring at. The way her beautiful eyes darted around trying to take in all the views at once, her hands fidgeting and playing with her own fingers, her legs taking slow unsteady steps, and her lips rolling into a smile when she looks back at me. I pulled her closer to me by her waist and she turned a light pink making me smirk. 

"It's so beautiful" 

"Stay close to me, remember I'm here for work and these people are not all good people" She gave me an unsure smile and held my hand as I guided us through the crowd. I sat with the rest of the crew as the event started and noticed them checking her out. 

Throughout the night, I noticed her repeatedly looking at the dance floor while I was talking with our businessmen. I knew she wanted to dance, but yet she was too shy to ask. I pulled her back into me and leaned down to her ear. 

"Do you want to dance?" She quickly turned around and nodded repeatedly while pulling me to the dance floor. I watched as everyone stopped their conversations and watched as I spun her around. 

"I think everyone's staring at you" 

Alyssa's POV~ 

I watched as everyone stopped their conversations to watch us dance on the dance floor. The couples who were dancing were now off to the sides, joining the ones who had already started watching us. That's when I realized; I wasn't just with any member of the mafia. I was with THE Don of the Mafia. 

"I think everyone's staring at you" I said while he pulled me back in and he looked around before shaking his head at me. 

"No, my love,  they are all looking at you" I furrowed my brows and he slightly chuckled. 

"Why would they be looking at just little me" He cupped my cheek and softened his gaze before leaning in and laying his lips against mine. 

"You're not just little you, Ally. You're mine. You're my first date to this ball and I want you to be my last" I widened my eyes at his words and looked around while everyone clapped as the song started to come to an end. The rest of the evening ended up with him socializing with other people again. As we walked to and from different people, other girls complimented my dress and introduced themselves. He let me stay and talk to a couple of them while he had beers with their dates. 

"What did you mean when you said you wanted me to be your last date?" I asked before drinking out of my champagne glass while relaxing in the bathtub. 

"I mean, I don't want to be taking any other girl besides you to the ball" He walked into the bathroom handing me a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and smiled down at me. His phone rang and he excused himself before answering the call. I was scrolling through Instagram and snacking on my strawberries when he walked back in. 

"Everything okay?" I ask, not looking up to see his face. 

"I could ask the same thing" I looked up with a confused face to see his concerned eyes locked on my face. 

"What do you mean? I'm fine" He walked closer, bent down, grabbed my chin and gave me a serious look.

"I can see the sadness in your eyes and felt something off the second I walked into the room. What's wrong?" I looked back down at my phone at a picture of a group of girls having fun at the beach and his eyes followed my gaze. 

"I just feel lonely at home when you're busy with work" He sighed and apologized before he walked out of the bathroom and out of our hotel room. I furrowed my brow in disappointment before I dried myself off and got dressed for bed. I slid on one of his shirts and sank under the covers. I slowly drifted off to sleep after several minutes of wondering where he went. 

Matteo's POV~ 

I walked back into the room and called out Ally's name to get no response. All the lights were off except for the lamp next to our bed. I took my shoes off and sat on the couch leaning my head back to relax. I sighed and heard a shuffle coming from our bed. I licked my lips and just imagined cuddling up against Ally and not being stressed about work problems. I felt someone easing down onto my lap and looked up at Ally looking back at me. One of her small hands wrapped around my cheek as her gaze softened while looking into my eyes. My hand fell to her waist and the other on her exposed thigh. 

"I missed you" Her sweet voice said the sentence I was dying to her from her and I smiled. I was going to say it back, but was interrupted by her plump lips against mine. I was taken aback by her boldness and took my hand from her thigh to the back of her neck. Our tongues danced with each other before she pulled away and laid her head on my shoulder. 

"I missed you so much more, princess. Let's go to bed, hmm?" She nodded and I picked her up before gently laying her on the bed. I stripped down to my boxers before I climbed in behind her and wrapped my arm around her small waist. She backed up further into me and cuddled against my arm.