Chapter 4

It was Haerin's lunch break the next day, and once again, there was Danielle. Minji had healed and was back to work, but said she didn't feel well enough to go out on her rounds, and so she was only in the factory working the machines that processed the milk.

Haerin did not stay in the storage room anymore, wanted to avoid any possible confrontation with Danielle and Haerin were sitting behind the counter as Danielle continually tried to speak to Haerin. She got no response, as Minji looked at Haerin curiously.

"What's wrong?" She mouthed.

"I'll tell you later," said Haerin quietly.

Danielle gave up after a few minutes, and everyone in the store was watching the scene in amazement. Never before had Haerin been so rude.

"I'll be back!" Danielle huffed, as she turned away and headed out the door. A small part of Haerin died and she finally looked up again just a moment too late as usual.

"What's up with you?" asked Minji.

"Nothing, I just don't want to talk to her. That's it."

No, that's not it, that's not it at all.

Minji looked at Haerin for a moment, expression confused, then finally made up her mind.

"Oh, okay," she said, smiling. "so the other day - The girl never noticed anything much, really.

---------------

The phase continued for several days, until Haerin did not know how much longer she could resist the urge to be dragged away by Danielle, helpless and so she locked herself in the storage room, again but this time, there was actually a lock on the door, so that no one could let her out except herself.

She even locked Minji out, wanted to be alone, and Minji didn't want to be in the room anyway she only wanted to rant and blab to whoever would listen.

Danielle continued to return to the store, standing at the door for several days, and then finally realizing there was a better way to know what she wanted to.

"Minji." she called one day as she entered the store.

"Oh, uh, hi Danielle." said Minji, as she looked up from behind the counter.

"Haerin's still in the -

"Oh, I wanted to talk to you, Minji, if you're not busy." She was smiling.

"S-sure!" stammered Minji.

----------------

They were sitting behind the counter now, talking about anything and everything Danielle wanted to know.

"Tell me about Haerin, please." said Danielle.

"Oh, Haerin! She's an interesting one. Haha!" Minji looked to Danielle for her reaction.

Oh, so she's one of those people. I need to react every 5 seconds for her to keep talking. She forced a weak chuckle. Minji looked satisfied enough, and smiled brightly.

"Okay! Well, she wasn't born here, ya know, she was born in Korea, I think -

"Wait, what?" Minji looked at her curiously. She obviously did not like being interrupted in her storytelling.

"Sorry, continue, forget I said anything," said Danielle. She smiled.

Talk, dammit, thoughts ringing through gritted teeth.

Minji smiled again.

"Oh, right! So Haerin, born in Korea. Her parents were really, really rich I heard, some sort of investment thing on what's that one wall? That thing. Oh wait, or was it a street? I think -