Cerulean

Author's note: HEY!! Here's chapter 3 as promised. Now,, I normally didn't think about writing these little notes for every chapter but I wanted to let you guys know that this chapter has mentions of self-harm and it might be sensible to people! Not much but still,, just wanted to get that out of the way! Enjoy <3

____________

Flashback:

Saanvi got up and waited for Ben to arrive and come pick her up from the hospital,, he'd promised he would arrive at 9am so she waited patiently at the front desk. One of the nurses there talked with her for a while to entertain her,, they had a nice time talking. After a few minutes Saanvi saw Ben arrive.

Saanvi: Hey,, you did come on time.

Ben: Of course,, I promised you 9 so I arrived at 9.

Nurse: You must be Ben Stone,, am I right? You're here to pick Saanvi up?

Ben: Yes.

Nurse: Just like I told Saanvi you just have to sign right here,, so we can confirm you and her have authorization for this pick up.

Ben: I haven't been to a hospital where they did this before.

Nurse: New policy,, it's a bit useless I know. Oh and the doctor who examined Saanvi told me to transmit this to you two.

Ben: What?

Nurse: She found lots of traces of sapphire in them while examining her wounds,, she can't physically remove them. She just thought she'd let you know.

Ben and Saanvi exchanged confused and somewhat worried looks. Out of all things,, sapphire? Maybe it didn't really matter so they both didn't pay much mind to it.

Ben signed the papers and helped Saanvi get in the car.

Ben: I brought the crutches and flowers for you.

Saanvi: That's very sweet of you,, thanks Ben.

Ben gave a soft smile towards Saanvi while she admired the flowers. He noticed her arm had been bandaged.

Ben: Did they bandage that because of your self-harm scars?!

He pulled Saanvi's arm,, worried that she relapsed.

Saanvi: Ow,, Ben! You're hurting me,, stop!

Ben let go of her arm.

Saanvi: I didn't relapse if that's what you want to know! It's because I burnt my arms too...

Ben: I'm sorry,, I was just worried I didn't mean to hurt you. They did that the last time you had fresh cuts..

Saanvi: It's okay,, I understand. I know you love me a lot,, just don't squeeze my arm please.

Ben drove home and the ride was quite quiet,, Saanvi did spend most of time smelling the flowers and touching them. She couldn't stop herself from smiling at them as well,, which made Ben happy.

Present (2 months later)

Cal: Take deep breaths,, think of the divine and repeat the affirmations I told you. Keep doing it until you feel your body a bit numb and when you start seeing a bright light.

Saanvi did what he said,, she stayed like that for some good 40 seconds. It looked like she had finally accomplished something while doing it but she lost her temper right in the wrong moment.

Saanvi: I'm not getting anywhere! - she shouted.

Michaela: It's okay,, Saanvi. We can try again later,, we saw your scar glow light blue it's a sign that-