𝐶𝑎𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔? 𝐶𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑡?

March 26th, 2022

Adaline is startled by a knock on her door. She isn't expecting anyone and honestly not in the mood for guests. She reluctantly gets up from the couch and heads to the door.

"Hi!" Comes a very cheerful greeting as soon as the door is opened and her whole demeanour softens.

Opening the door wider and letting the guest into the apartment, she replies in a soft but less enthusiastic voice, "Hi Tay."

She's happy that it was the blonde on the other side of the door and not someone else, because she would have slammed that door right in their face. But Taylor, she has always been a light in the darkness of Adaline's shit-show of a life. They've known each other for 2 years now, and anytime the singer is near, it's as if Ada is living in a different dimension, the much brighter and lighter one.

She silently walks back to the couch, sitting down she releases a breath. Taylor follows behind, her cheerfulness now slightly subsided. "How are you? Are you doing alright?" Her kind eyes full of concern scan Ada's face, looking for explanation for her defeated posture.

She sits down close to the ginger-head but not touching. It's the game they've been playing almost as long as they've known each other. They are friends, best friends even, but their hearts want more, yet neither of them has had the courage to cross that line. So they flirt, leave feather like touches on each other's skin and kisses on cheeks and that's it.

Adaline stares into the space, but Taylor's touch and words bring her back. "Would you like to talk about what is bothering you?" The blonde's voice is gentle and caring, it's impossible not to open up to her. She always cares for everyone around her, sometimes a little bit too much and not in favour of her needs.

A silent tear slides down Ada's cheek. "I-ummm," she chokes on words, "I'm so tired, Tay." Tears just keep coming. This is lowest she has been in awhile, depression had been acting out lately and today just happened to have the last drop for her sanity. Life is emotionally abusive and right now she didn't know what to do to make it stop. Last time she was this low, she was expelled from university for none attendance.

Seeing her friend's tears, Taylor felt a deep ache within her heart. Those silent tears are a sign of the deepest hurt, you only cry those when you are completely defeated. "I hate seeing you this sad. I'm here for you. Tell me how I can help. What can I do?" She said with pain in her voice, her own tears welling up in her eyes. Her thumb was slowly rubbing circles on Ada's hand.

For some reason Taylor's caring words and touch break all walls around younger girl's heart. It's like she was given permission to just be sad and cry her eyes out. And that's exactly what she does, sobs rock her body as she hides her face in her hands and weeps, losing a battle with depression for now.

Taylor pulls the girl into her arms, holding her close. Ada's face is in her shoulder, arms sneak around singer's waist clutching onto her sweater. The blonde is feeling the weight of her friend's pain and sadness, and in this moment, all she can do is hold her tight, hoping to ease that pain. There is not a thing on earth or a thought in her head save for Adaline. She whispers sweet nothings into her hair, just repeating them until the tears subside and Ada is calmer. "Let it out honey, I've got you. You're not alone. I'm not going anywhere."

Taylor has a magical power to always knows what to do or say, even in the unforseen turn of events, like now. Adaline never wanted the singer to see her struggles, she has so much on her plate already with the new album that she's writing and possibly a tour. However, it feels incredible that she can find time for people she loves and cares for, Ada included, especially right now. She always feels so safe with Taylor, her aura is always warm and kind, and her hugs are like a cure to any sickness.