𝑻ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐼 𝐾𝑛𝑒𝑤

𝑻ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐼 𝐾𝑛𝑒𝑤

March 2020

Adaline's life has finally took a turn to the good side of the street, at least career wise. She thanks all the powerful almighty whomever for giving her this chance.

She has been a background actress for a few years now, she has landed a few 'more-than-one-line' roles here and there but nothing that sticks out. About a year ago, however, Tiffany Little Canfield, a casting director, gave her a chance to take part in the Netflix film 'All Together Now'. She played a role of Jordan, a supportive friend/classmate of the lead. It actually comes out this August and she's thrilled.

Her luck streak continued from there on. Last December, Tiffany invited her to audition or more like be interviewed for a show that would stream on hulu in the US, Disney+ internationally. The casting director gave no description on the show whatsoever, nothing about creators or any other cast mates, Adaline was going in blind.

Looking back now, the shock state she was in while talking to Steve Martin, is quite ludicrous, she wonders how did she remember to blink or breathe. Oh, and how could she ever forget when Selena Gomez had to disrupt them midst conversation because she had some sort of executive producer emergency. Adaline thought she won't be able to pick up her jaw for the next week or so. That is how she was thrown into the world of 'Only Murders in the Building'. Her involvement would be announced later in the summer along with Selena's.

Adaline and Selena became fast friends, being the same age (27) and well women, but also sharing quite a lot of interests and passions as well as struggles. The ginger-head was in awe of the fellow cast mate and wanted to learn from her, know her ways in the industry from being a child actor to a sensational singer and a businesswoman (this being a new title as Ada learned about Rare Beauty).

Selena was pleased to gain a new friend even if she didn't trust easily, being around the new up-and-coming actress was easy; she was a good listener, understanding, compassionate and empathetic. Quite and observant girl on a surface is actually a witty and sometimes sassy goof-ball with a golden retriever energy and an ocean of kindness heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the present, Friday the 13th of March, Adaline was getting ready at her apartment in Hell's Kitchen. How fitting, Friday the 13th and Hell. She chose this neighbourhood because it's on the more affordable side despite being this close to central Manhattan. It's a bit high on the crime levels, but she was careful in choosing the right building, ending up with one on the edge of the neighbourhood and close to Central Park. A nice one bedroom apartment, on the 3rd floor, with an open plan kitchen and a cozy living room, a bathroom with a bath, yey! The area is filled with local businesses and markets; her favourite are the farmer's market across the street and the LGBTQIA+ bar down the block, the name of which she still can't learn.

Looking at herself in the vanity mirror, Adaline sighs softly. She looks good with her ginger hair down to her shoulders blades and the minimal make-up highlighting her facial features just right. Soft pink eyeshadow to make the blue in her forest green eyes pop; some mascara so she doesn't look like she doesn't have any eyelashes (cause they're LIGHT); a bit of blush on her slightly chubby cheeks and some concealer here and there to look less dead; no lipstick because she's not the biggest fun of it unless she must wear it, so she just adds a bit of her favourite cherry chapstick as a final touch.

Standing up, she heads to her small closet. She likes comfortable and affordable clothing save for the shoes, she'd spend any money on a good pair of sneakers, her favourite are from Puma. Selena told the actress to wear what she sees fit as it's just a 'house gathering', whatever that means. She bores holes into her wardrobe, completely clueless as what to pick. She pulls out a pair of soft washed-blue 'mom' jeans that are at least 5 years old, fishes out a lavender crop-top vest with a square neckline, pairing it with a long-sleeved white button up and rolls up the sleeves to her elbows, obviously not buttoning up the stirt. This will do.