~6~

"All right, let's put her over here," Bobby instructed as we got onto another call. A man had been flying around in his private plane with his girlfriend and she'd passed out mid-flight. The man had made an emergency landing in the middle of an open clearing.

"Does she have any history of heart problems?" Bobby asked as we got the woman on the ground.

"No, she's only 32. How does this happen?" Her boyfriend asked.

"Her blood pressure is 80/40 still dropping," Hen said, getting an o2 mask on the woman.

"Hen looks like a possible heart attack," Buck told her.

"Nitro sublingual," Bobby said, and Hen started fishing around for it in her bag. Buck's phone went off and he pulled it to his ear.

"Hey Abbs, I'm- I'm on a call," He answered. He waited before asking, "Wait, wh- what stunt? .... You faked an emergency?" Buck asked the man.

"I was proposing."

"That's the dumbest proposal idea I've ever heard," I told the man, and Hen and Bobby looked at the man.

"I thought I was being romantic," He defended.

"Spoiler alert, you weren't," I told him with a smile.

"Guys, she's on levothyroxine-" Bobby grabbed Hen's hand, stopping her from continuing her work.

"Not a heart attack," He said.

"Broken heart syndrome?" Hen asked.

"That's what I'm thinking," Bobby said. I pulled the med kit a bit closer and looked through it.

"I'll get the adenosine," I said, pulling out the bottle.

"That's a real thing?" The man asked.

"It mimics the symptoms of a heart attack. It was probably brought on by her thyroid medication and you nearly scared her half to death," Bobby explained to the man as I passed over the bottle to Hen.

"You don't treat it the same as a cardiac event. That nitro we almost gave her could've caused some real damage," Hen said putting the meds into the oxygen mask.

"She's coming to," I said, watching the woman's eye flutter open.

"That's it. Take some deep breaths," Bobby said before she jumped awake.

"Good call, Abby. She's, uh, she's conscious," Buck said into his phone. "You're okay."

"Deep breaths, deep breaths," Bobby said pulling the o2 mask off.

"Oh, baby, thank god," The man said, smiling down at his girlfriend.

"All right, you think you can sit up?" Bobby asked. The woman nodded and we helped her up into a sitting potion. "Here, take it slowly."

"Can I see the ring again?" The woman asked.

"I think she's actually considering his proposal," Buck said updating Abby. The man pulled the ring out and slid it onto her finger.

"Yes."

"She said yes," Buck reported. The man leaned in for a kiss but his girlfriend, now fiance, return it with a smack in the face.

"And she smacked him."

"God, I hate Valentine's Day," Buck complained as we walked up to another call. "Everywhere you look it's perfume ads, candy ads, jewelry ads. It is a fake holiday designed by women to make guys feel guilty and go into debt."