Exceptional Zed, and an Exceptional Brother

The next day I was walking down the halls ditching my math class because its math and I hate it. (Thats a good reason right?). I saw Bonzo and Zed walking towards me unknowingly because the were immersed in a conversation with robot Eliza. 

"Hey guys." I greeted them as they came up to me. Bonzo gave me a zombie greeting, Eliza said "Hi, Zabrina don't forget about our facetime tonight." to which I gave a thumbs up on while Zed said "What are you doing here you are supposed to be in math class right now." 

You remember my reasoning for skipping well that didn't work on Zed. "I don't like math, plus I know I already have a passing grade from the class so why not?" "Because you can't just be skipping classes and expect to graduate. If you don't go your classes then you fail them, and you are just barely passing math like every year because you skip so many classes." He told me. 

"Actually, Zed this is the first class this year that she has skipped for math, and the other years she didn't skip a single class." Eliza said pulling up my records onto the screen to show him. "Then why is it then that every year she is almost failing the class and not graduating?" He asked him. Eliza switched her focus from him to me "You didn't tell him yet? I thought you told him years ago." She says with her voice exasperated and in shock. "No, I didn't tell him, and I don't really plan to." I told her. "Told me what!?" Zed asks both of us.

"Nothing." I told him. "Yeah, sure nothing, that's a lie and you know it." Eliza scolds me. "It's not a big deal." I replied back. "Zabrina, you tell him by tonight or I swear to God, I will tell him for you." She threatens. "You wouldn't dare." "Zabi, he's your brother! He should know." "Like he would care." I scoff. 

"What do you mean by that?" Zed asks looking a little hurt. "Just y- nothing." I sigh. "I got to get to class." I tell them and walk away from them to my history class. 

Time skip.

I managed for the rest of the day to avoid Zed, and was currently with Bucky at the beach doing homework.

Wyatt had gone to get froyo with a couple of the wolves, including Wynter and Willa. 

Although my luck just couldn't hold out because right before we were going to pack up and leave I see my brother walking up to us and doesn't really look to happy. 

"Bucky, I'll see you tomorrow okay? Zed looks like he wants to talk to me and no offence but he isn't your biggest fan." I lean over and tell him before grabbing by bag and walking over toward my brother. 

"Why do you hang out with him?" Zed asks me when I get to where he is standing. "Because he's my friend." I reply with a small amount of sass to make him mad. "Yeah, he's also the same guy who got us locked up in zombie containment and almost ruined zombies chance of becoming a part of Seabrook." "Look none of that was his fault." I say straightening my back so I reach my full height of 5 foot 6 inches which enough to look him in the eyes easily. "In what world!?" "Zed you have no idea what or who you are talking about so leave it alone." "No, I want an answer! Why are you friends with him." "Did you just come here to yell at me about my choice of friends or was there an actual reason." I ask him getting close to losing my temper. "Yes, I wanted to talk to you about what Eliza said earlier today. But right now I want an answer about why you and Bucky are friends he's a jerk! And now your saying that its not his fault!?" 

"YES! That is what I'm saying and it's the truth. Bucky didn't call the Z-patrol on us that was one of the Acey's and he was removed from the squad because of it." "What about how he removed everyone else from the squad who was pro zombie?" "He had no choice but to! He's parents didn't ever give him a choice! They made him do it! You know why Bucky has to act like a jerk to zombies, wolves, and aliens? It's because he's parents make him! All his life he has been forced to do their will, to captain of the cheer squad, be class president, everything he's ever done wasn't ever really his choice! Yes, he loved being captain, but that never meant that he ever wanted it. And for someone so horrible, do you know that he was the one who gave us better seats in the cafeteria? That he was the one who helped fix up the football field after that huge storm we had, that he actually helped Zombies who were made homeless by the storm by bringing food and water and froyo to them?" 

"I-I didn't know... Zabi I'm so sorry." "What?" I asked in a smaller voice then I wanted to. "I said I'm sorry." "No, not that. You called me Zabi. You haven't called me that since Mom died." "What do you mean? Of course I have." "No, you haven't." "But, wait did Bucky actually do all that stuff?" "Yes. So now will you believe me when I say he's a good guy?" "Fine, but don't expect me to start being friends with him though. But I will stop fighting with him. Deal?" "Deal." 

"Now about what I came here to talk about. What's going on with school? And don't say nothing because your argument with Eliza earlier definitely told me something's up." He asks sitting down on the sand and gently pulling my wrist so I would sit down beside him. "It's not a big deal..." I started but he cut me of saying "No, I don't want any of that. What's wrong?" He asks in his big brother voice which I hate and love at the same time because it means he's being serious and so his voice is sterner but it is also somehow softer and more caring. 

"You remember the first year we came to high school? And I was almost immediately failing math like I always do? Well Eliza noticed when she and I were talking about school I told her about it. She took me to a doctor's office, and they told me that I have Dyscalculia, which is number dyslexia so my mind can't process math properly like normal people." I tell him. "But why didn't you tell me?" He asks. "Because you were too busy with football and Addison, you never spent any time with me anymore so I thought that you would care."  "What!? Of course I would care! You're my little sister." He said pulling me into a hug which I tensed up to but it quickly melted away and I relaxed he hadn't hugged me like this in what felt like forever and I missed it. "I'm sorry I made you feel like that, from now on if you ever need me no matter what tell me and I help you even if I'm with Addison or at football games." He told me not letting go yet, which I didn't want him to. "Promise?" I asked him "I promise Zabrina."