Chapter 9

A/N: So- Hi my fellow Pyrrhians and Pantalans! I just wanted to say that-

I just wanted to ask y'all to vote, drop a follow, and comment (This is the biggest one, please comment you guys). I also just wanted to know if you all are having a good day/night. I'm excited because school is ending next week so WHOOP! But I really hope you all are doing okay.

I stared down the painting. How had I come up with this? No, no, no, even better-

Who was this?

I felt a lump form in my throat. I must be imagining something- odd. There is no way in the history of the Summer Palace that this- I dragged my claw lightly over the SeaWing- is me. No way, no how. It's just a trick of my imagination- right? I peered closer at the form of the SeaWing.

Nope it's definitely me. I concluded when my eyes were staring straight at the spikes of an IceWing.

I took the painting under my wing. My mind still racing with thoughts.

........................................................................................................................

When I got to my cave I placed my painting to the side of my bed. I'll deal with you tomorrow. I thought. "Night, Kinkajou." I whispered to the sleeping dragonet.

I slipped into the cool water of my pool. The moss padding felt amazing under my aching scales. I pulled the seagrass blanket over my head, not wanting to feel the rest of the world around me.

........................................................................................................................

Skua's nightmare:

Screaming.

A blood curdling sound.

I grappled with the SkyWing, I was losing energy with every tug and tussle.

The SkyWing thrashed violently as I shot a blast of frost breath. It clawed at my underbelly.

I felt my voice join the chorus of screaming that came from my people. I shrieked in agony as the SkyWing dug its claws deep into my chest.

With all my remaining energy I pushed the SkyWing down into the water. Deep, deep, down. Just like it had down with its claws in my chest.

I was the only one to resurface.

I saw more SkyWings come to aid their comrades-in-arms. I froze in shock. My body limp on the water's surface.

Luckily, a passing SkyWing thought I was dead. Then, a plan hatched, if I stayed still enough then they wouldn't notice I was alive.

I froze limply. My body weak from the loss of blood. I suddenly felt my head swirl with darkness until-

"Princess! Princess Skua! Wake up!"

........................................................................................................................

I felt cold talons violently shake me. "Wha?" I muttered. Winter pushed something into my arms.

"I want you to look at my scavenger."

"Uh- Okay?" I said in a questioning voice. What had harbored this? "I'm just going to get Moon to help me. I'll meet you at the library."

Winter rolled his dark blue eyes, "Fine, I'll bring him there." I scampered away to get Moon.

Kinkajou came along with me. "Asking for your help! He must really like you!" She yelled enthusiastically. "Budding romance! I love school drama!"