brand new start

It's the morning after your moms death. your sitting in your bed trying to process the unexpected incident when your dad walks into your room.

"Hey Ava, We need to have a little chat."

My dad sat down on my bed beside me and wiped some tears off my face.

"Since your mother has passed, I don't think we will be able to afford rent."

Hearing this made my heart break even more. Knowing I will have to leave my best friends and start at a new school was not making matters better. I have severe anxiety and knew these next couple of weeks are gonna be the worst days of my life. I slowly pulled the sheets of my bed over my head and began to cry even harder. I really didn't want to cry in front of my dad, it would make him way more upset but I couldn't help it.

"Ava baby, It's alright I promise."

He pulled me close and wiped some tears out of my face. I rested my head against his chest and squeezed him tight.

"dad..where would we go?"

"My friend had offered to let us stay at his house for free under one condition."

I let go of my dad and moved back a bit.

"What do you mean by one condition..?" I said sniffling

"He said you would have to marry his son, tom."

I looked up at him in shock.

"I'm gonna have to marry a man I don't even know?"

I laid back down and put my head straight into my pillow. I was so stressed out right now my adrenaline was high. So many things were happening this moment and I wish they would all go away. I just wanted to sink into a black hole and disappear.

"Dad,  that's ridiculo-"

I stopped my words and thought about what I was gonna say. It couldn't really be that bad. and either way if I didn't agree, we might end up on the streets."

"Alright, I'll do it dad."

My dad's face lit up and he wrapped his arms around me, he squeezed me tight and I could tell he was relieved.

"Ava you don't know how much this means to me baby."

He kissed my forehead and brushed my hair behind my ears.

"Start packing sweetie, we need to leave within the next hour."

I got up and picked out some of my favorite outfits and put them into my suitcase. now all I could think about is this mystery man. what if he's ugly and rude. what if he treats me terribly..? so many things went through my head, as much as I didn't wanna do this there wasn't really any choice I had left.

I finished packing and headed down stairs. my dad was already loading the car. I set my suitcase beside his and smiled at him.

"Ava, again thank you." he said

I could tell this meant the world to my dad. he hasn't smiled ever since moms death and i'm happy he's becoming his funny old self again.

in the car~

I pulled out my phone and decided to text my friends the news. As much as I dreaded to do this, it needed to be done. It sucks not being able to say goodbye.

"Hey guys, I think everyone's heard about my moms unexpected passing. Due to this we won't be able to afford the house and we've decided to move in with some friends. there wasn't enough time to say goodbye but i'm crying as I type this message. I love you all and i'm gonna miss you all.

I sent the message and turned off my phone. God this was so hard. I haven't had this much stress in years. I wiped the tears from my face and watched out the window. the sunrise was beautiful and reminded me of moms fire red hair. it was so beautiful and made her stand out from the rest. the way it glistened in the sun and the way it blew in the breeze.

After about 2 more hours we finally arrived at the big house. This place was ten times the size of our old house. it was gated in and had a beautiful long driveway with flowers are around it. and they had a huge fountain in front of the house.

I opened the car door and heard all the birds chirping and felt the cool breeze. maybe this new change won't be so bad after all. I opened the trunk and grabbed my suitcase. We walked up to the big iron doors and rang the doorbell. A big tall man wearing some jeans and a shirt opened the door.

"Mr Kaulitz, it's so nice to see you again."

The man put out his large hand and shook dads. I could smell him from outside, I could tell he was a drinker.

"And you must be Ava." he said putting his hand out to shake mine.

I shook his hand and gave him a nice smile. It was hard to look happy after what happened, but I tried to look at strong as possible.

"Indeed I am sir, It's a pleasure to meet you." I said

"Wow Mr.Stevens, you've raised your daughter to have such great manners." he said winking and smiling politely.

"Thank you sir, I've tried my best."

they both let out a little chuckle and headed inside. I looked around and admired this big mansion. It had a spiral staircase and everything was gold and black.

"Right this way." he said as he guided us to our rooms.

"your house is very beautiful Mr. Kaulitz." I said as I continued to look around.

"Why thank you Miss stevens." He replied

After we finish walking up the big set of stairs he opened a set of doors. It was a big master bedroom.

"Mr. Stevens, this will be your room. you can unpack while I show your daughter her room."

He then turned and walked me down the hall. he opened a singular door and showed me a gigantic room.

"Here you are Miss Stevens." he said with a big grin

"Sir, I don't how to thank you. This is beautiful."

"It's no problem sweetheart. you get settled in i'll be downstairs if you need anything."

He then shut the door and left. I looked around in amazement. Boy am I lucky to be living in this mansion. I set my suitcase down and unpacked my stuff in dressers when I heard a loud knock on the door.