CH-0 (PROLOGUE)- Shade Of Doom

Written for SciKick. Hope you like it guys/gals!

Prolonged obscurity bayed across the DE-312 zone of White House, and carried a scent of crimson blood and woe of the terrible loss that had happened to America. The timber door unlocked, and a fine man stepped across the room. hair tumbled across his stunning handsome face, and a tint of smile jacketed his cerise, cherry red eyes. He wore a shining velvet black coat, while his red eyes blazed with fire.

He looked at his FFT40, an association which helped in whatever decisions he took. He gazed for another a minute, and then his smile fainted.

"What's wrong?" he asked, in a fair, pleasant voice.

Silence.

"What's wrong, Helen?" he asked his most faithful one.

Silence.

Darkness swept his face. He stepped forward to see what lay hidden before the crowd, and in unison, the forty people strode aside, making way for the man. He again glanced, then treaded his way through the immense crowd, as the horde looked at him uneasily, sweat down pouring from their foreheads.

Then he looked just straight ahead, eyeing a huge supercomputer with strained eyes. On it was concealed a picture. A picture showing......The Empire State Building, beauty of New York. But it wasn't just any image of the structure. Its top half was broken and shattered to pieces, and the sky that made the background was crammed with hundreds of jet planes, smoke and devastation everywhere in the portrait.Mr. President stoodstill.

"What is this, Helen?" the man's eyes widened with dread on his face.

A lady, of age about thirty, stepped from the crowd. Her body was neat and slim despite her age- but for the man, she was just a trustworthy, honest assistant.

First she swallowed. Helen looked at the man with distress in her mourning eyes and answered, "I'm afraid sire," she dismayed, "but what you see, is the end of New York."

The man was taken aback. His heart started to beat faster; his limbs trembled. Bile appeared to spread its taste on his tongue, and he asked, "Who would do such a thing? Destroy our commercial capital?"

"I'm sorry sir," her lips quavered as she spoke. "But it,s what they all talk about."

"That, Helen, can't be true." He shook his head several times, but he knew his assistant never lied.

"If the world demands it, it will be done. My dear panel-members, that marks the beginning of the World War Three."

Discussions and flatters circled the room. Shouts flew across the room.

"Silence!" said the man. The crowd hushed up.

"I, being the President of United States of America, will not end my life, without vengeance!"

The crowd roared in agreement. Helen shook her head, trying to reach Mr. President,

But he raised a hand, and left the room immediately. He headed to room DL-419, rushing past hundreds of thousands of rooms through the corridors. They said that the corridors had eyes. But of course that wasn't true. Mr. President opened the gate and quickly slammed it shut. Taking a deep, long breath, he released his apprehension into the foul, blood-stench air.

He strutted about the threshold, and proceeded an entry to KL-867 zone of the White House, or simply known as the 'Weaponry; Private'. the opened the black sensor door, polished so that none could look inside. Before entering, the President had put a password that only he and 'The Black Army' knew.

The Black Army was an organisation controlled by Mr.President, consisting of three black commandos of air force. Those were his secret commandos, and those who were sent to complete the most critical missions. Mr. Lawrence, Mr. Terry, and Mr. Winston. The three commandos.The most steadfast, persistent of all three was Mr. Lawrence.

Mr. Lawrence was a manof great integrity, a black person, who was ready to pull out his heart andthrow it in the dustbin for the safety of America. People of high ranks saidthat he had lost his family in this recent destruction of New York City. The others werededicated too, yes, yet he was the most.

Mr. President called The Black Army. Within seconds they were there.

"Now, you already know what I'm planning to do, right? Now, all you have to do is this..."

After all the explanations in the world, Mr. President consoled Mr. Lawrence for his loss of family. But Mr. Lawrence stood still strict and firm. The stalwart said nothing. Nothing.

Within minutes three jet fighter planes flew across the world.

With text as 'USA AIR FORCE' written in black letters on the side body, they flew with enormous speed, not sure the velocity would be zero. Risking their lives every second as they flew, in three hours six minutes and fifty-six seconds sharp, the crossed the borders of China.

Messages of their arrival flew across China, and slowly reached the ears of their President.

"Do something!" he cried. "Anything!"

No, he was late. Very late.

Meanwhile...

The Black Army spread across different capitals of the constituencies of China. "Drop!" the headphones buzzed. It was Mr. President. Mr. Lawrence, Mr. Terry, and Mr. Winston smashed the lever nearest to their cockpit seat. The grey-coloured weapon pylon disclosed itself, and an enormous black metal bomb was exposed in each of the planes, tied to a metal rope string. The bombs dropped, detaching from the metal rope.

The moment the bombs met the ground, an explosion took place across the world.

The whole world.

The whole world went black in smoke.

And that was five hundred years ago.