Ch. 5

Adonis

I stare at the phone and document in front of me. It's been two days since I've had the meeting with Psyche and I can't get her out of my mind. 

The way she carries herself is beyond beautiful. Her domineering presence that demands attention wherever she goes. Her eyes filled with a fire of intelligence and determination, her beautiful lips. 

God, her beautiful full lips. 

Unfortunately my attraction towards Psyche is the reason why I haven't made my decision yet. I already made my decision the moment she made her pitch. But, the professional part of me wants to make sure the decision I made isn't clouded by the attraction. 

After another thirty minutes of contemplating I decided to just say fuck it and make my decision. Instead of having my office call, I decided to pay her a visit. 

Unannounced, a very unprofessional behavior. 

I drive to her place, a mere 15 minutes away from my company give or take, with the traffic. All this time she's been this close and I never knew. 

The wonders office was not a building on its own. It was a building that had multiple businesses and Wonder's was located on the top floor. Finding parking was a hassle, since it seemed like it was a shared parking lot, but I managed to find one two blocks down. 

Despite the exterior of the building, it was a beautiful building. When I reached the floor were Wonder's was located, it was obvious that they had the biggest and most professional floor. The furniture and art were classy, modern and rich. Being on that floor almost made me forget that its a small company, and not one with its own building like mines. 

"Can I help you sir?" A man comes up to me, he was a bit shorter than me and seemed fairly young. 

Probably an intern. 

"Yes, I'm here to see Ms. Abara," 

"Do you have an appointment?" 

"No, can I make one for today?" 

"I'm not sure, go up to the front desk and her secretary could probably help you more," He stutters out. "Sorry, I'm new here."

I nod and make my way up to the front desk. Her secretary seem to be pre-occupied since she didn't notice me until I cleared my throat. 

Her eyes widen when she looked up, recognizing me almost immediately as she stutters out my name, "Mr. V-Vos," 

"Good afternoon is Ms. Abara available to meet me today?" 

"She d-," 

She was interrupted by the beauty walking out of her office, head down on her iPad, "Anne, if you don't hear from Mr. Vos office by tomorrow afternoon please start preparing meetings wit-" 

"Good afternoon Ms. Abara," I cut her off, giving her a small smile. She looked up, her mouth pressed on a thin line. 

"Mr. Vos, what a surprise," She says, her face void of emotion. "I was not expecting you." 

"Apologies for dropping in unannounced, Ms. Abara, are you free or should I just get back to you another time." 

"No need, lets have a lunch meeting, you like Italian?" 

I nod. 

"Perfect, let me go get my stuff and we can leave," She says walking back to her office before I could say anything. 

Few minutes later she walked out of her office and we make our way to the elevator. 

"Aren't you going to ask for my decision with the collaboration?" I asks after the elevator door closes.