Ch. 19

Adonis

"Adonny did I do something wrong?" 

My eyes leave the door and I look down at Zosia who has left her room again. I pick her up and give her a kiss on the forehead, "What makes you say that little Zo?" 

"Mommy left me again and your girlfriend just left," She pouts, rapidly blinking a sign that she's about to start sobbing. 

"Mommy and Psyche just have something to do, you didn't do anything I promise." I coo playing around with her, tickling her so she doesn't cry. 

She giggles and laugh, "Daddy stop." 

I stop and laugh at her, she stops and scoots back, eyes tearing up again. 

"Zo, babygirl what's wrong?" 

"I'm sorry, for calling you daddy." She starts sobbing. "Please don't be mad at me." 

"I'm not mad baby, please don't cry you're making me sad," I cradle her, she keeps sobbing, snot running down her nose and hiccupping. "Why would I be mad at you calling me daddy? You do know I'm your father right?"

She nods, talking in broken sobs, "M-mommy said not to call you that, th-that you hate that word and she will t-take me away if you do." 

"Is that why you've always called me Adonny?" 

She nods still hiccupping, I pull her into a big hug, "Zo I will never leave you, you calling me daddy makes me very happy." 

"Really?"

I nod, "Yes, and thank you for telling me what your mommy told you." 

We stayed like this for twenty minutes before she falls asleep. I leave her on my bed and make my way downstairs to make, angry at what Zosia just told me and disappoint at myself for not realizing. 

I thought her calling me Adonny was because she was use to everyone calling Donny and wanted to put her own twist to it, how did I not realize it was her mother's doing. 

After sending a message to Theodore telling him I'm going to be late to the office today, I called Princess, "Can you come over to babysit?" 

"That's pretty last minute Donny," She yawns, signaling that I work her up from her sleep. 

"I know, Kayla didn't give me any warning." I answer. "You know I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't desperate, Zo likes you more than my mom." 

"Because I let her eat ice cream before lunch," Princess laughs. "I'm on my way, I miss my favorite niece anyways." 

"She's your only niece," I deadpan, earning more laughter from Princess. 

I check on Zosia who was still sleeping on my bed, Venus laying next to her and guarding her. I walk in the bathroom to take a shower, my eyes fall on the folded clothes Psyche wore last night and my heart tug. 

The way she looked at me before leaving, I wanted to run after her and beg her to let me explain but I had to stay with my daughter. 

Although her mom and I fight a lot, Zosia is my special little girl, her birth was one of the happiest days of my life. I changed my life around the minute I Kayla told me she was pregnant four years ago. 

I didn't hide her from Psyche with malintent I just refuse to be the type of parent that introduce everyone they date to their kid. I had made a promise that the only girlfriend of my Zosia would meet, is the person I'm going to marry. 

I hope Psyche understands where I'm coming from. Even though I love her, my daughter comes first. 

Holy shit, I love her.